Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor

Default Re: One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron

Quote Originally Posted by wrooster View Post
    I called Corning Inc once, because I had an issue with the glass panels in my wood stove cracking over and over again. The folks at Vermont Castings were nice but they could not solve the problem, other than to sell me new glass. That resulted in more cracked glass. So I figured I would call a big name "tier 1" float glass manufacturer and have them determine what the best glass for my application would be. I called Corning and I got bounced around -- in the process I talked with about 7 people in the Corning glass products group, and the last guy I talked to really took interest in my problem -- so much so that he sent me 6 pieces of glass (which he personally prepared and cut) to try out in my application. Those 6 pieces are in still in my stove, more than 10 years later. Did Corning "win" using this unconventional approach?

Wrooster
    Yes they did. That information is now on the Internet, thanks to your post. It will generate positive PR for Corning, which can be priceless. It's also possible they tapped a new market thanks to your inquiry.

Our house has $50,000 worth of specially made windows using a specific type of Corning glass. The window company got the job and Corning sold them the glass because I was able to verify its characteristics directly with Corning. Corning is an exemplary company. Kioti USA could learn a lot from them.

If you ever get a chance, drop by the Corning Museum of Glass. It's a wonderful place to visit.

Tractor
    Kubota 7510, Toro Groundsmaster 217D

Default Re: One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Your were NOT going to buy that machine anyway so why cry over it.Gee, I can't get a answer from Koboter on the phone either.
    He's not crying about it- just sharing his frustration and experience.

This thread is an excellent example of why companies, especially "made in the USA" dealers MUST get their act together. So much controversy over buying Made in the USA vs imports. But when a company (via an employee) makes such a poor impression (regardless of import or domestic)- I have no sympathy.

When I entered the work force many years ago, I had it beaten into me that providing an excellent customer experience was the goal. Summed up- If you provide excellent service you get repeat business and some referrals. If you provide a bad experience you lose that customer AND they will tell EVERYONE how bad it was.

-A sign in our pizza shop "if you like it, tell your friends. If you don't like it, tell US so we can fix it!"

In the age of internet forums, telling everyone (regardless of experience type) goes to a whole different level. Already more than 1000 views of this thread.
    I thank God everyday for all of the blessings he has given me- especially for the one's I do not recognize or see!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500

Quote Originally Posted by CBW1999 View Post
    He's not crying about it- just sharing his frustration and experience.

This thread is an excellent example of why companies, especially "made in the USA" dealers MUST get their act together. So much controversy over buying Made in the USA vs imports. But when a company (via an employee) makes such a poor impression (regardless of import or domestic)- I have no sympathy.

When I entered the work force many years ago, I had it beaten into me that providing an excellent customer experience was the goal. Summed up- If you provide excellent service you get repeat business and some referrals. If you provide a bad experience you lose that customer AND they will tell EVERYONE how bad it was.

-A sign in our pizza shop "if you like it, tell your friends. If you don't like it, tell US so we can fix it!"

In the age of internet forums, telling everyone (regardless of experience type) goes to a whole different level. Already more than 1000 views of this thread.
    Well said!!!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Quote Originally Posted by PapaPerk View Post
    Well name away! I'm not holding you back.

Some more I can think of are.... Stihl, CAT, Snap-On, Kershaw, Leatherman, Vaughn, Apple...
    My point is that makes you sound very biased... I'm not going to list ANY because I will always leave some out that I don't like as much. Everyone has different experiences and it's not my job too say who's good and who's not.

Tractor
    1981 Yanmar 336D

I think the story of the gash in the tire is the scariest part of this thread. If the company tries to wiggle out of warranty issues, you know you are in for a long, expensive ride.

As for a technical guy being staffed at the corp headquarters, I don't see that as too much to ask. They obviously sell a fair amount of tractors, that 8% profit over thousands of tractors per year can eek out one guy who's job is to keep up with technical sales info. Most companies have a technical sales dept, especially when their equipment is, surprise!.. technical in nature.

Saying it costs $200K to employ a person like this is exaggerating just a bit. The salary of a tech sales person will likely be in the range of $45-65K (absolute max), plus partial paid benefits, taxes, etc and you're looking at $90-110K max. Estimating (based on the number of "million dollars dealers" they give awards to and ~$20,000 per tractor) 3,000 tractors per year, you are looking at a cost addition of about $30 per tractor, per year for a dedicated technical person available to answer customer questions. After some math, this sales person only needs to add/retain 62 sales per year to make up for his salary. Out of thousands of sales, this doesn't sound like a difficult proposition. The benefit is you have a single, reliable point of contact for all ad-originating technical sales inquiries. Easy to track, good for customer service, easy to expand to more people if sales are positively affected.

Again, plenty of companies, even small ones, offer technical sales. I know, as I've dealt with many, being in IT. I can immediately say, many of the six and seven figure purchase recommendations I've given were based largely on my outcome of technical inquiries. If I couldn't get a question answered, I went with a maker where I could. Even if a product looks perfect on paper, I have no desire to buy question marks. Reading this thread, I know I'm far from alone in that requirement.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ― Aristotle

Yanmar 1981 YM336D

From this . . . . To this

Check out the full restoration project: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 . . . . Adding gauges? How-to

Tractor
    Kioti CK30 HST

I haven't had the need or pleasure to speak with "Connie" yet, so realize I'm not talking about her...

We have an old saying around these parts that seems pertinent:

"Sampson killed a thousand Philistines with the jawbone of an @$$. There are 10,000 sales lost everyday with the same weapon".
    Rick
    Kioti CK30 HST / KB2475 Backhoe / KL130 FEL / Box Blade
    Pi are Round, Cornbread are Square.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500

Quote Originally Posted by Martian View Post
    My point is that makes you sound very biased... I'm not going to list ANY because I will always leave some out that I don't like as much. Everyone has different experiences and it's not my job too say who's good and who's not.
    Yes I'm biased towards good companies.... and against bad ones.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by ricklman View Post
    I haven't had the need or pleasure to speak with "Connie" yet, so realize I'm not talking about her...

We have an old saying around these parts that seems pertinent:

"Sampson killed a thousand Philistines with the jawbone of an @$$. There are 10,000 sales lost everyday with the same weapon".

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Quote Originally Posted by PapaPerk View Post
    Yes I'm biased towards good companies.... and against bad ones.
    Your OPINION of a good company and a bad one are different than everyone else. Instead of starting brand war with everyone of your posts, I was trying to prevent it.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Martian View Post
    Your OPINION of a good company and a bad one are different than everyone else. Instead of starting brand war with everyone of your posts, I was trying to prevent it.
    The entire TBN site is based on opinions and experiences... That's what a forum is.

Deere is a good company too....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast