One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron

/ One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron #1  

Misfire

Silver Member
Tractor
I was about to pull the trigger on the Mechron over the RTV500 when I decided to call Kioti USA and ask them directly who now makes the CVT. I had been staring at their brochure, and Kioti's toll free number was right there, and I thought, who better to ask than Kioti themselves? Just about anyone else, it seems.

The call was answered on Kioti's end by a lady who turned out to be a switchboard attendant and/or receptionist of some sort. I informed her that I was a potential buyer with a technical question regarding the Mechron. She put me through to another lady. I again stated that I had a technical question regarding the Merchon. She promptly and rather curtly told me to contact my dealer. I explained that the dealer was over 100 miles away and requested that she put me in contact with an individual who could answer a technical question regarding the Merchon.

At that point she stated I was talking to the distribution center and there was nobody available to answer my question. I then asked for confirmation, since I was certain that I had called Kioti USA's headquarters. She confirmed and we hung up. None of this had made sense, so I Googled Kioti USA and got back the same toll free number that I had originally called.

I called again. The same attendant answered the call. I told her that I wanted to talk to a technical person, not the person she had put me through to before. She then dropped the stunner. She had put me through to someone named Connie, who was Kioti's Customer Relations person. So, on my very first call to Kioti, Customer Relations had lied to me.

She asked, did I want to speak to Connie again? No, I wanted to speak to a technical person. Sorry, but she was not allowed to put my call through to anyone but Connie, period. Stunner number two, an utterly rigid hierarchical system that does not allow individual initiative by the switchboard attendant. I asked her if she understood all of this was putting a sale at risk? She got very defensive and stated that she didn't have any choice, but was forced to follow the rules. I assured her that I understood she didn't have any choice but to follow the rules and we hung up.

I was more than a little ticked at the whole episode, so I decided to cool my heels for awhile. A couple of hours later I thought it through. While the machine still seemed to represent good value, I now had no confidence that I could count on the manufacturer for any assistance outside of dealer channels. Given that Kioti dealers have been disappearing in my neck of the woods and the selling dealer was a small town operation a long way off over some pretty twisty roads with no absolute guaranty that they would be around forever, the Mechron looked more than a little like a risky purchase. I decided against it and called the last Kubota dealer on my list. His last RTV500 in stock followed me home Friday afternoon.

Kubota USA make wish to take note and send Kioti USA a thank you card.

/ One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron #2  
Let us know what you think of the 500 when you get some time on it.

/ One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron #3  
I sure hope that mother Kioti is reading this thread, this crap has got to stop. I don't know how many times I've read on here that a OP or other poster has talked to someone other than Connie and thats just B.S. cause I know that I have never gotten past her either.

/ One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron
I sure hope that mother Kioti is reading this thread, this crap has got to stop. I don't know how many times I've read on here that a OP or other poster has talked to someone other than Connie and thats just B.S. cause I know that I have never gotten past her either.

Having operated (but not owned) a DK-35 and liked it a lot, and having known a couple of Kioti owners in the past, I have previously recommended Kioti to people who have asked me if I knew anything about them. That will now stop. In fact, I will emphatically recommend they look elsewhere.

/ One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron #5  
I don't like connie the first day my tractor was delivered i wasn't home . So when i let my daughter to be the first one to sit on it after that i started it move two feet in the drive way and my daughter notice a gash in the back tire. I called the dealer and he started giving me the run around so i called kioti talked to her and first thing shes said was that it must of been someone walking by and put the gash it in. That made me mad . Now i'm stuck with this tractor for now need to get the road in for a non profit after that i will be trading it in for a Massey ferguson. Because now i know how the 4yr warranty will be like i told 4 people i knew that where thinking about getting a kioti one was ready to buy 5 tractors . Now my three point hitch wont move and dealer wont return my call or email. I haven 't even gad it for a month and the issues all ready starting . Kioti suck

/ One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron #6  
Having operated (but not owned) a DK-35 and liked it a lot, and having known a couple of Kioti owners in the past, I have previously recommended Kioti to people who have asked me if I knew anything about them. That will now stop. In fact, I will emphatically recommend they look elsewhere.

I don't know if I would take it that far, as you said " you have never owned one". I have and I love the machine but not its maker:). Good thing I have a great dealer with a great service department:D that I hope I never have to use for warrenty work. Try calling Mother Kubota.:D

/ One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron #7  
Congrats on the Kubota....I think you'll be happy with your choice, they are a nice machine with a pretty good sized dealer network.

/ One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron #8  
It could be like us VW owners say, "love the machine, hate the dealers".

/ One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron
Congrats on the Kubota....I think you'll be happy with your choice, they are a nice machine with a pretty good sized dealer network.

Thanks.

There are four "local" Kubota dealers that I know of. I did not buy at any of them. They were all out of RTV500s, with new stock not being available until sometime in October. I ended up buying from a dealer 100+ miles away, and I got his last machine.

He also had the lowest price. Bonus! :D

/ One Call To Kioti USA Was All It Took To Convince Me Not To Buy The Mechron #10  
Misfire,
Good choice.
Customer service is, atleast IMHO, as important as the product.
I have followed your search with interest as you have been doing your homework with care. I wondered where you would fall.
In a choice between Kioti and Kobota the value choice is, I beleive, the Mechron but that is asuming comparable custmer service. Given your treatment by Kioti... screw'em!
Kubotas are truly excellent products. I'm certain that it will serve you well.
I will remember your experience during my next pruchase.
Paul
A Mechron owner.