kubota rtv 500 plowing?

/ kubota rtv 500 plowing? #1  

swamprunner

Tractor
none
Ok hopefully now I am in the right forum.... I am new here. I am considering ordering an rtv 500 with the 60 inch kubota plow setup. Does anyone know how this will perform? I have been researching utvs for a few months now and am most impressed with the rtv 500. I have driven nearly all the competition and have decided on this... as long as it will plow well...I am hoping someone here has experience snow plowing with the 500 and can give some impute. I live on ten acres in northern mi and will use it on the property and want to pole the drive.. about 100 yards? Will this perform well?

/ kubota rtv 500 plowing? #2  
Ok hopefully now I am in the right forum.... I am new here. I am considering ordering an rtv 500 with the 60 inch kubota plow setup. Does anyone know how this will perform? I have been researching utvs for a few months now and am most impressed with the rtv 500. I have driven nearly all the competition and have decided on this... as long as it will plow well...I am hoping someone here has experience snow plowing with the 500 and can give some impute. I live on ten acres in northern mi and will use it on the property and want to pole the drive.. about 100 yards? Will this perform well?

I previously had an RTV500 with the OEM 60" snow plow...It plowed sno great..You do have to stay ahead of anything 8" and up but it will hold it's own regardless..I plowed a 3' storm with mine..It took a while, but it did it.

My driveway is 250' and the right of way is over 700' and I plowed that for 2 years with the 500..Only bought the 1100 for the diesel, the cab and HVAC...No complaints about the 500 though.

/ kubota rtv 500 plowing?
Thanks for the info..I heard they did well but nice to hear from someone that actually has used one... are they worth the extra $ over just getting a mule 610?

/ kubota rtv 500 plowing? #4  
Thanks for the info..I heard they did well but nice to hear from someone that actually has used one... are they worth the extra $ over just getting a mule 610?

The Mule is a good machine..I personally don't think it is in the RTV work category...I really am not a fan of CTV's...Not a big thing from most peoples experiences here...If you look at them side by side, you can kinda see the difference in build.

/ kubota rtv 500 plowing? #5  
The RTV 500 is an awesome unit to plow snow....we get our fair share in Maine and the RTV 500 handled the plowing with no sweat. I didn't have the Kubota blade though....I went a less expensive route and bought the American Eagle plow

If you can handle the manual angle and have a winch they are a great plow...the 500 easily handled the 66" V-plow set up
DSCF0532.jpg

Is the 60 inch setup kubota offers a good one? I don't think its operated from a winch....is it electric?

And.. the dealer is at 10900 with all taxes..set up..etc...and the kubota plow set up... can I do better? That is an 1100 discount off msrp.

/ kubota rtv 500 plowing? #8  
And.. the dealer is at 10900 with all taxes..set up..etc...and the kubota plow set up... can I do better? That is an 1100 discount off msrp.

The OEM uses a lift actuator and no winch...Once you add the winch price to the aftermarket plow, it's probably close to a wash...Unless you need the winch for other things...I didn't...To be perfectly honest, I didn't price shop at all.

I am unfamiliar to an actuator.. how does that work? Is it better than a winch setup? And will the kubota 60 inch be a good size?

/ kubota rtv 500 plowing? #10  
I am unfamiliar to an actuator.. how does that work? Is it better than a winch setup? And will the kubota 60 inch be a good size?

A lift atuator is just an electric motor that picks up the plow with using a chan...It's mounted to the plow subrame...There are no tangle issues with winch cables..besides, depening on the up/diosn cycling, winches really weren't designed for that...

60' kubota plow is perfect for the 500..I think Curtis actually make them for Kubota