rtv smokes on Startup

/ rtv smokes on Startup #1  

Lem

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kabota RTV 500
I purchased in 2010 an RTV500 gas and with 400 hrs it bellows blue smoke on startup until it is warm. Does not use any oil.. Kabota tec. said it was throwing too much fuel in to the chamber and would be ok to drive. Is he right?

/ rtv smokes on Startup #2  
Blue smoke is oil smoke. Too much fuel is black smoke.

A lot of engines send some blue out at startup and it's not a big deal, but if it's a lot you've got bad valve guide seals or stuck oil rings or some issue like that. Maybe it's just worn out. It's hard to say what used engines have had to endure before you get them.

Change the oil and have a look at the oil you take out. Does it seem clean and viscous enough?

/ rtv smokes on Startup
Ok! I figured it might be a Valve Stem seal since I purchased this vehicle new and have kept the oil changed and has never burned any since I have had it. It starts good and runs good and quits smoking after the engine gets full temp. The oil now looks real good on the dipstick. I just figured the mechanic should have known as I mentioned the valve stem possibility..It only has sutt at the end of the tailpipe. Thanks for your time sir. P.S. Engine just got over warranty in April 2012

/ rtv smokes on Startup #4  
I think i would have taken it in back in april if it was doing it then?