RTV 500 factory recall

/ RTV 500 factory recall #3  
timswi said:
I'm surprised there are that many people with a Kubota cab on an RTV500.

No joke. The picture in the link was the only one I've ever seen.

/ RTV 500 factory recall #4  
i've got one on mine and got the recall done, all they did was put a lot of foam around the penetrations of the cab and a nice little rubber boot over the handbrake.

/ RTV 500 factory recall #6  
The answer is yes. Kubota will not even sell parts, like the rigid doors. I am going to have to make my own doors now.

/ RTV 500 factory recall #7  
My wife has a 500 with the factory cab and is really happy with it. I think it is a pretty nice option, and it's too bad they discontinued the cabs for the 500. Perhaps they just didn't sell enough of them. There is a sticker on it that says its actually made by Curtis exclusively for Kubota. On the Curtis cab site, I see they still make the cabs for the larger RTVs, but don't list the cab for the 500 anymore.

We got the recall done also, and in addition to sealing up a few openings into the cab a little better and replacing the hand brake boot (as mentioned in earlier post) they also replaced the tail pipe. The dealer had the recall kit on hand and only took a couple hours for them to complete the work.

/ RTV 500 factory recall #8  
The answer is yes. Kubota will not even sell parts, like the rigid doors. I am going to have to make my own doors now.

Just a couple months ago I got a replacement set of the gas cylinder things for the doors without any problem. Sounds like we won't be able to get entire cab component parts like a complete door...

/ RTV 500 factory recall
I would imagine that Curtis could supply the parts but you would need to confirm with them and/or Kubota directly.

/ RTV 500 factory recall #10  
I would imagine that Curtis could supply the parts but you would need to confirm with them and/or Kubota directly.

I'm sure you're right. I don't think there should be a problem with getting replacement parts, and you do have to (or at least did have to) go through a Kubota dealer to get parts for the OEM Curtis cab.