Should I buy it? 2006 Kubota RTV

/ Should I buy it? 2006 Kubota RTV #1  

MissouriSprayer

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4720 cab
250 hours, great shape with 10 foot trailer for $8000.....sounds like a deal but want some experienced folks to show me the light.

/ Should I buy it? 2006 Kubota RTV #2  
Just scanning the first few ads at http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=1171&Manu=KUBOTA&MDLGrp=RTV900, the price seems reasonable,especially with the relatively low hours and a trailer thrown in.

I bought my RTV 900 in 2009. While doing research prior to my purchase, I read about a problem with "noisy" front drive shafts in earlier models. That problem had been cleared up by 2009, but I'm not sure which of the earlier models were affected. I remember reading a post (I can't recall whether here or on another forum) that detailed a user fix for the problem. As I recall, a Kubota fix is available. At any rate, I would suggest that you take a test drive in 4WD to see if the problem is present. I don't recall the repair being very expensive, so I wouldn't let it be a deal breaker.

Steve

Edit -- Here's the user fix -- http://www.cornejo.net/rtv900/DriveShaftRattleFix.htm

Last edited:
   / Should I buy it? 2006 Kubota RTV
Ill do some follow up. I do know it has a winch and a set of smooth turf tires in addition to the knobbys that are on it.

/ Should I buy it? 2006 Kubota RTV #4  
I've got a 2006 RTV 900 camo with the camo roof and worksite tires and 215 hours. I don't think I'd sell mine for $8,000. Does this help?

/ Should I buy it? 2006 Kubota RTV #5  
I know the propeller shaft to the front diff from the trans was updated due to chattering and looseness. I personally haven't heard anything about the front axle shafts being noisy, but that doesn't really mean much. A simple check under the machine would tell you if the propeller shaft was updated (or pop the bed up and check the shaft on the left side of the transaxle that runs at a slight angle to the front differential). The old setup used a small diameter shaft, roughly an inch in diameter, with pin on couplers at either end. The updated shaft is about double the diameter and is painted white.

/ Should I buy it? 2006 Kubota RTV #6  
here's one in Texas

Good price on an 1140,wish it was available when I was looking, would have purchased.

one for 8K in San Antonio

2100+ hours, $6200

Normally, there are none on CL...guess folks are looking for deer hunter buyers.

Value depends on condition, hours, features on dump bed, extra items added, winch, lights, glass windshield, etc....

Note... RTV'S are frequent scam items on CL...so only deal with someone you can see with the RTV.

/ Should I buy it? 2006 Kubota RTV #7  
We bought my wife a new Work site RTV 900 in 2006 and it now has a little over 500 hours. It has a noisy front axle but does not affix performance, but you do hear it. The only way she would sell hers is if she was be getting a 1100. It has never had a service call.

/ Should I buy it? 2006 Kubota RTV #8  
We also have a 2006 RTV 900 and that thing is a tank. It had 100 hours when we bought it a few years ago. Things that add value are windshields, winch, hard top and hydrolic dump bed. We gave 8000 back then but it had all the above. Other than filters we have not had to do any service.

/ Should I buy it? 2006 Kubota RTV #9  
Our 2008 has been trouble free also,has a little over 500hrs and just the basic maintance done by myself.Have added soft top and windsheild they prove to be great additions. I find the Hydraulic dump bed very useful as does my wife she never goes for or ask me to get the wheelbarrel anymore.Would I purchase again [yes]