Any windshield wiper options for an RTV 500 ?

/ Any windshield wiper options for an RTV 500 ? #1  

westcliffe01

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4500DT, B200 backhoe
Folks, I have an RTV 500 and will be installing the glass windshield. I do not find windshield wipers listed as an option, is there anything that can be adapted for this purpose ? I'm sure the 900's and bigger have windshield wipers on them.

Also, does anyone have leads on rigid doors for the 500 ? Kubota has discontinued the cab. I have mounted a generic vinyl "windsheld" where the cargo net usually goes on the back of the cab and will have the glass windshield on the front and of course I have the black plastic roof.

Snow will be hitting shortly and I don't want to be using a broom to clear the snow out the cab area on a daily basis.

/ Any windshield wiper options for an RTV 500 ? #2  
I'd apply RAINX..... makes rain sheet off the windshield....works for me, but some people don't like it...I'd give it a try.

/ Any windshield wiper options for an RTV 500 ? #3  
I've got a glass windshield on my 900. I have yet to think the wipers would be needed.

I drive it every day in the winter to feed and almost every day in the summer to check cows, build fence, ect. If there is snow on the windshield when I go to start it I'll use a broom. That's it. I try to park under the eave to prevent much build up. I may be gone an hour or better with it snowing the whole time and it hasn't been an issue yet.

/ Any windshield wiper options for an RTV 500 ? #4  
Also... All the cabs I've seen online are soft side with zippered doors.

/ Any windshield wiper options for an RTV 500 ? #5  
Also, does anyone have leads on rigid doors for the 500 ? Kubota has discontinued the cab. I have mounted a generic vinyl "windsheld" where the cargo net usually goes on the back of the cab and will have the glass windshield on the front and of course I have the black plastic roof.

I did a google search on V4311, which was the option number of the cab for the 500, and there are a number of sites that show they are still offering it. I am guessing that their on-line catalogs have just not been updated yet, but it's possible one of them may still have one around if you contacted them. I know you said you were interested in getting just the doors so this may not be of much interest to you...

On the windshield wiper question - are you getting the windshield from Kubota? The reason I ask is I'm wondering if it is the same one that would have come with the cab. (The cab is modular so that each part can be installed or removed individually - plastic top, rear window, front window, doors...)

If it is the same windshield, or similar, the windshield hinges at the top so you can tip it up and wide open if you want to run around with it like that. If yours is that way like ours I'm not sure how you would mount a wiper assembly. It would have to mount at the top, screwed into the windshield itself?

I agree that it would be kind of nice to have a wiper, but not sure how it could be done...

/ Any windshield wiper options for an RTV 500 ? #6  
The glass windshield option (non-cab) for the RTV500 is two parts. Upper part is fixed glass (does NOT tilt) and lower part is plastic which is removable to allow the hood to open. I just installed both parts on my RTV500 along with some other options.

It should be possible to rig up a windshield wiper from either the top of the glass or bottom of the glass.

Here is a good link to another thread on TBN with a picture (not of mine) of the Kubota RTV500 non-cab windshield.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0-rtv-500-rattle-sound-kubota-rtv-500-007.jpg

Last edited:
   / Any windshield wiper options for an RTV 500 ? #7  
I don't think anyone other than Curtis/Kubota offers hard doors for the RTV 500. If you find a source I would also be interested.

This is the cab I will probably get for the doors only. They are soft skinned though but better than the velcro/zipper type.
Amazon.com: Kubota RTV 500 Soft Cab Enclosure From Original Tractor Cab Company: Home Improvement

There are lots of boat or automotive wiper kits that might work.
http://www.amazon.com/Omix-Ada-19101-02-Wiper-Motor-Kit/dp/B000FQ7H28/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1