trailer for rtv 900?

/ trailer for rtv 900? #1  

coldfingers

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota RTVX-1120D, kubota ZG 227, kubota LX 2610
Looking for a trailer to haul some wood, and haul the rvt 900 once in awhile. Looking at a "83" by '14' utility trailer, big enough? What do you have? Thanks.

/ trailer for rtv 900? #2  
Looking for a trailer to haul some wood, and haul the rvt 900 once in awhile. Looking at a "83" by '14' utility trailer, big enough? What do you have? Thanks.

I've pulled my RTV1100 with one of those but the 16'x82 is much better for centering and tiedowns...If you're set on 14' it'll work.

/ trailer for rtv 900? #3  
Here is what I have it is a 16'.

Attachments

• rtv1.jpg
    rtv1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 769
   / trailer for rtv 900?
Thanks for the insight, I've never had a tandem axle before so its good to ask others. I've looked to "77" wide, "83" wides, '14', '16' long and its stilll better to ask people who have been there, done that.

/ trailer for rtv 900? #5  
Trailers that are 83" between the fenders are usually 102" at there widest spot. That is as wide as a semi-truck. So you HAVE to drive it all the time, always alert and looking back at it. The 72" bed trailers are a lot easier to tow in traffic.

/ trailer for rtv 900? #6  
Since I already have a 7800lb Bobcat to haul, I got myself a goosneck trailer. But for hauling my RTV I built a smaller single axle trailer. I don't even notice it behind my anemic Ram 1500 with 3.7 V6. Unless I am mistaken, it is exactly 5'x10' and the RTV JUST fits on it, but that was the whole idea. The bed is open, basically 2 ladders next to one another and I have removable sides and tailgate. I figure that if I do want to haul firewood, all I have to do is throw on a sheet of OSB and then load it up. The weight with firewood becomes limiting pretty quick.

/ trailer for rtv 900? #7  
When it came time to build a trailer for my Ranger we decided to balance the rig so that the wheels could winch forward against a rigid headache bar to simplify tie-downs. This limits the general use of the trailer somewhat, as the 11' 6" bed tends to be bit light in the tongue with a normal load.

Polaris Ranger TM (Part VII): Building a trailer to carry it « Walnut Diary