Polaris Sportsman

/ Polaris Sportsman
Thanks moship. Polaris wants $32.00 for a filter and two quarts of oil. And I thought Kubota parts were expensive!

/ Polaris Sportsman #12  
Glad I could help.

I found Wix's website to be very informative. Also keep in mind Napa part numbers drop the first number from Wix's part number.

Have a nice Thanksgiving!

/ Polaris Sportsman
Sometimes when I go to a parts counter at a dealer and I ask for a price I then look behind me when the price is quoted. Then I look back at the person at the counter and say "Are you talking to me?" Scary, but most times they say yes.

/ Polaris Sportsman #15  
Polaris wants $32.00 for a filter and two quarts of oil.

Like VINCE above, I buy all parts online, and I buy lots of parts. I still pick up my oil locally.

That said, I bought my first Polaris a few weeks ago, and it is also my first ATV with a
spin-on filter, my first Taiwan-built ATV, and my first quad that calls for 0W40 synthetic
oil. (I have had all major brands of ATV, except BRP.)

I bought 3 filters from a guy on eBay for $20, and a couple of quarts of Mobil 1 at
Kragen's for $9/qt. That oil is spendy, tho less than the Polaris brand.

For $32, you did not do too bad, actually.

/ Polaris Sportsman #16  
Try Filter 1 they sell WIX and will ship fpr free if you buy enough

/ Polaris Sportsman #17  
Like VINCE above, I buy all parts online, and I buy lots of parts. I still pick up my oil locally.

That said, I bought my first Polaris a few weeks ago, and it is also my first ATV with a
spin-on filter, my first Taiwan-built ATV, and my first quad that calls for 0W40 synthetic
oil. (I have had all major brands of ATV, except BRP.)

I bought 3 filters from a guy on eBay for $20, and a couple of quarts of Mobil 1 at
Kragen's for $9/qt. That oil is spendy, tho less than the Polaris brand.

For $32, you did not do too bad, actually.

What model did you buy? Nothing with a Polaris emblem is built in Tiawan.

/ Polaris Sportsman #18  
For my last oil change (Sportsman 700) I bought a Fram filter from the local Farm & Fleet store plus 2 quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic. Less than $20 total cost.

/ Polaris Sportsman #19  
What model did you buy?

I bought a 2005 Polaris Phoenix 200, which is made by Aeon Motor Co of Tainan
City, Taiwan. This is a current model sporty ATV from Polaris, and shares drivelines with
the Polaris Sawtooth utility quad. The Sawtooth does not seem to be offered any
more.

Aeon Motors has been around since 1998 and makes M/Cs, ATVs, and SxS UTVs.