My rtv 1100 has a ulsd only sticker on it. Really?

/ My rtv 1100 has a ulsd only sticker on it. Really? #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
Offroad is 500ppm and is what it came with so I assume its ok. Why do they put a ulsd only sticker on it?

/ My rtv 1100 has a ulsd only sticker on it. Really? #2  
The goverment just wants to protect us, Ha Ha , soon will be like leaded gas the only thing availible will be ULSD fuel, just keep fuel conditioner in it tractors are a little behind large trucks in fuel pump design.

/ My rtv 1100 has a ulsd only sticker on it. Really? #3  
500 ppm is ULSD. ULSD is required to meet EPA emissions. Sulphur does not burn during combustion of a diesel engine, so to reduce the suplhur emission they remove it from the fuel during refinery process. That is part of reason diesel price is now higher than gasoline.

/ My rtv 1100 has a ulsd only sticker on it. Really?
500 ppm is ULSD. ULSD is required to meet EPA emissions. Sulphur does not burn during combustion of a diesel engine, so to reduce the suplhur emission they remove it from the fuel during refinery process. That is part of reason diesel price is now higher than gasoline.

By definition ulsd is 15ppm, 500ppm is low sulfer diesel.

So offroad is now ulsd? That's good news for power service.

/ My rtv 1100 has a ulsd only sticker on it. Really? #9  
500 ppm is ULSD. ULSD is required to meet EPA emissions. Sulphur does not burn during combustion of a diesel engine

It does in fact burn: S + O*2 ----> SO*2

I drove and looked at pump this morning and it still has 500ppm sticker on it. Might not have changed it.