What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #121  
I have a 2011 Kawasaki 4010 Transmule. I really like the ability to convert it from a two seater to a four seater. I've had two adults and four kids in it before, and really like being able to take friends for a drive, or haul a picnic down to the pond. My mom drives it almost daily. She's almost 70 years old and said she couldn't imagine living out here without it. It goes through mud, water and snow. It's very comfortable, quiet and with the power steering, it's very easy to drive.

I've had Kawasaki and Honda fourwheelers and an electric golf cart. This is by far the most useful machine that I've ever owned. It's also more fun!!!!!

View attachment 292247View attachment 292248View attachment 292249View attachment 292250View attachment 292251View attachment 292252View attachment 292253View attachment 292254View attachment 292255

Eddie

Your Mom riding the UTV is great! My mom rode either an Artic Cat 500 or a Polaris 335 around the property until just a few months before she passed away at a young 82. We used to have a yearly bonfire and hay ride for the church here every fall, and Mom would take the other older ladies from the church for rides on the ATVs. Pastor even took a photo and posted it at church with the heading "Biker Chicks at the Church Hayride".

Mom on the ATV is a great memory of her.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #122  
Just bought a Polaris Ranger 800 a couple of weeks ago. Never owned any UTV or ATV to compare it too but it seems to make my chores easier and does everything I ask of it so far. I just finished putting around a quarter mile of fence posts and extremely handy for that. Got it all done before the weather turned cold. Will make stringing the wire much nicer too. I made an attachment for the receiver hitch to unroll the barbed wire. I rode it several miles the other day with temps in the 20's and the windshield definitely is a big pus.
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,097
   / What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #123  
Just purchased a Deere 550 and family could not be happier. Although other makes may be better in hp and such the open foot area was much more comfortable in this model. It should help out a lot on our 21 acres and wife really likes it:thumbsup:

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #124  
I still own a couple of 2 wheel drive sport quads, and had a 4WD CanAm Oulander Max (2-seater). Recently sold the CanAm, and bought a Gator instead. The side by side seating is a nice feature. And the dump box hauling capacity is wonderfully usefull. Once you get a taste of the utility of a UTV, your old utility quad will sit and rust. Possibly the most important difference is a DNR thing. Side by side UTVs are classified as "Class 2 ATVs". Normal quads and even two-seater quads are called "Class 1 ATVs". Once each is registered for public use with the DNR (in Minnesota anyway), the Class 1 ATV is prohibited from operation on roads, and can operate on designated trails (very few exist), or the road ditch under certain circumstances and not during the summer when birds are nesting. Class 2 ATVs are allowed to operate on the shoulder or right hand side of the traffic lane of Township and County rodeways. Also, most small towns treat Class 2 ATVs as golf carts, allowing their use on city streets to encourage commerce. So if you plan your route carefully, you can actually go places in a Class 2 ATV (gator, ranger, mule, similar). This greatly adds to the utility use of the Class 2, obviously.
Check your state rules, but consider this carefully because it will really make a difference in how you use whatever you buy.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #125  
PB030092.JPGPB250131.jpgPB250123.jpgHere is our Gator. Its an XUV 825i, 2012 year. We opted to upgrade the shocks to Fox, and added a soft top and half windshield to it. We have already, in 6 weeks, used it more than we used the CanAm ATV in a typical year. Its just more fun, and useful with the dump box.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #126  
Again, I think it depends on what one wants. If one wants the analogue of a tractor in utv guise, the kubota is a great choice. Polaris makes a good utv. My only complaint is that they are light, my prior 800 only weighed 1245 pounds prior to adding some accessories. This makes pulling big trailers and pushing snow a little harder. This is why I went with the gator. More available power than the kubota and nearly as heavy with more performance and much heavier and better pulling than my ranger was. One does not realize how big the xuv gators are until one sees them beside something else. They seem to offer the most potentials for benefit with the least liabilities.

John

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #127  
I have a 97 Polaris 6 x6 that is a real work horse at the ranch and now have added a Ranger 900 4 x 4.

IMG_8610_zpsfb7b0e0b.jpg

IMG_8612-001_zps63fd4cc0.jpg

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #128  
I have a Polaris sportsman,but really want a ranger 900 like that. Those new 2013's are really nice, the redesigned ranger and cabs make buying the older ones really hard.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #129  
Howdy everyone! New to the Forum here, and just joined up after buying some land and a 2011 Gator 825i with the Big Horn package. Can't wait to put her to the day to day test! Really pleased with the Gator after test driving it and the Ranger.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #130  
Welcome Econometrics! Yes, the Ranger is tough to beat, and after driving the Gator 825 I felt it beat the Ranger in a few areas, so I bought it.