RTV 500 plowing impressions

/ RTV 500 plowing impressions #1  

harpoonalt

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota rtv500
I got my RTV500 late last year with the plow along with an Ariens snowblower . Blame no snow last year on me as we got virtually no snow for the whole winter. The RTV got little use and the snowblower, no use at all. Fast forward to the last few days and our 13+ inches of snow. Plenty of testing done now and here's my observations. First of all, I bent the plow frame hitting a rock. This is where I learned about the blade locks for bulldozer mode. If you don't know about those, I'd suggest you look for them. So, with the new plow frame and the blade locks removed, we proceeded to plow. Of course the frame setback had me plowing about 10 inches of snow. I was worried but soon forgot all about as the little RTV just pushed it like it wasn't even there and continued pushing the big banks back way farther than I thought possible.It is amazing! We usually do a path around the yard for the dog since she's little and gets hung up in the deep snow. So I proceeded to put the plow about 6 inches off the ground and go through the foot of snow fully expecting to back out in 10 feet or so. Well, it just kept going and made the hundred yard path in no time at all. I grabbed my neighbor for a ride as we went bombing out through the meadow as I wanted witnesses. It never slowed down or gave me the feeling I was in trouble. The 500 has it's limitations but plowing snow certainly isn't one of them. The Snowblower RTV combo is perfect for my needs. So for those of you questioning how well they do, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

/ RTV 500 plowing impressions #2  
I was always very impressed with my RTV 500 for plowing...they are amazing pieces of machinery

DSCF0532.jpg

The new Gator 825i hasn't disappointed either....utvs are so much better for plowing than the full size plow trucks I've owned in the past...maneuverability is a good thing. Even my old International front end loader just collects dust now.

/ RTV 500 plowing impressions #3  
I was thoroughly impressed with the plowing ability of my previous RTV500...It surprised everyone, including me, during a 2.5 ft snowstorm.