Kubota RTV 900 seems to be dragging

/ Kubota RTV 900 seems to be dragging #1  

westbrooklawn

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota L3400HST
I have 2007 RTV900 with only 130 original hours on it. I obviously don't use it a lot, and it is in excellent condition. Lately it feels like the parking brake is on when driving... just sort of drags, and seems to need higher revs to get up to speed... also doesn't seem to have good pulling power up a slope. At first I thought the parking brake might not be releasing, but I checked that out and it is fine. Wondering now if it might be something else in the trans or other drive train component. All fluids and filters were changed at 70 hours (super UDT and kubota oil and filters) and it ran fine until now.

Last edited:
   / Kubota RTV 900 seems to be dragging #2  
Have you checked the spark arrestor screen? The screen can become plugged and adversely affect performance.

Steve

/ Kubota RTV 900 seems to be dragging
Steve.. Good point, but that's the first thing I did when I bought the machine 3 years ago... actually removed the screen. That's the first thing I do on all my 2 cycle equipment also. Yiou are right though... the symptoms are EXACTLY like a a plugged spark arrestor....

/ Kubota RTV 900 seems to be dragging #4  
I'd still check the hydro for moisture. Some times hours don't make as much of a difference as time does!

/ Kubota RTV 900 seems to be dragging #5  
I run mine in M range all the time on the farm. I've got a pretty good hill from the gate back to the house. Any time it labors too hard on that incline, regardless of hours, I just change the filters and fluid. Problem solved.

/ Kubota RTV 900 seems to be dragging #6  
Next would be Check the air filter.

You could jack up each corner and try to rotate each tire just to be sure one of the brakes are not stuck on.
Just make sure the diff lock is not on and it's not in 4 wheel drive so the wheels will turn easier.

/ Kubota RTV 900 seems to be dragging
I think I will change fluids and filters first. It sits a lot and doesn't get run and warmed up like it should so I could have condensation in the hydro. It's only been 60 hours, but over three years.

/ Kubota RTV 900 seems to be dragging #8  
I think I will change fluids and filters first. It sits a lot and doesn't get run and warmed up like it should so I could have condensation in the hydro. It's only been 60 hours, but over three years.

Good plan. I bet that takes care of your problems. Good luck!

/ Kubota RTV 900 seems to be dragging #9  
Might want to drain the fuel and add new. Could be stale.