1100 RTV... keeping windows clear

/ 1100 RTV... keeping windows clear #1  

Agent Blue

Platinum Member
When it is below zero my side windows fog up quickly. I split the heat between the windshield and side glass with the deflectors, heat on high, with or without a/c on it still prevails. The cab itself is not cold, but not to the point of turning the blower speed down. I am wondering if adding a small fan to circulate the air would help or a small squirrel cage blower under the dash. The dog's fur full of snow doesn't help matters either but he is a mandatory passenger who loves burrowing in the snow banks. Any suggestions ?

/ 1100 RTV... keeping windows clear #2  
If you have a 12 volt power plug ,you could get a portable fan. You would think that a 20 thousand dollar golf cart would be able to move some air.

/ 1100 RTV... keeping windows clear
My experience with service has not been has not placed me in the mood to ever buy another one. Quoted 400 to adjust the hydro transmission. ( by two different dealers ) Doors are hard to shut and are very reluctant to offer any solutions for any minor problems.. They just want it dropped off with a Gold Card attached. Like being in the middle of Alaska... your on your own.

/ 1100 RTV... keeping windows clear #4  
When I want to dry out the humidity in the cab here in Oregon, I turn the heat up, AC on and recirculate the air. The warm air being recirculated and hitting the cold AC makes the water condense and go out the drain. Also make sure you have the hand throttle pulled out to the notch, the AC works better.

Not sure how it would do up where you are but it helps here when everything gets soaked.

David Kb7uns

/ 1100 RTV... keeping windows clear #5  
i DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM THAT WIPING THE WINDOW (dAM CAPS!) with paper towels wont fix, the heat on 1/2 for a while and its great! So great it is hot and in the summer....it could make ice cubes. Anyone who calls the RTV 1100 a $20K golf cart hasn't driven one.....but knows they want one!

/ 1100 RTV... keeping windows clear
i DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM THAT WIPING THE WINDOW (dAM CAPS!) with paper towels wont fix,

If I bought the Chevrolet version I would put up with it. This is the Cadillac. As such the few short comings people address should be taken seriously by the company and be fixed. Did you notice when they fix the problem in present manufacture they never recall or offer a kit ( without the gold standard attached ) to current owners. ( NO I am not wiping down windows )
Do these people actually think I will bring in my machine and pay $400. to adjust the transmission ? I know the city did but that is with tax payer money they can throw around and not be accountable.

/ 1100 RTV... keeping windows clear #7  
i DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM THAT WIPING THE WINDOW (dAM CAPS!) with paper towels wont fix, the heat on 1/2 for a while and its great! So great it is hot and in the summer....it could make ice cubes. Anyone who calls the RTV 1100 a $20K golf cart hasn't driven one.....but knows they want one!

Yes I have and No I don't.

/ 1100 RTV... keeping windows clear #8  
When it is below zero my side windows fog up quickly. I split the heat between the windshield and side glass with the deflectors, heat on high, with or without a/c on it still prevails. The cab itself is not cold, but not to the point of turning the blower speed down. I am wondering if adding a small fan to circulate the air would help or a small squirrel cage blower under the dash. The dog's fur full of snow doesn't help matters either but he is a mandatory passenger who loves burrowing in the snow banks. Any suggestions ?

I run the ac with the heat with fresh air on...no problems even in single digits

/ 1100 RTV... keeping windows clear #9  

That kind of absurd post is typical of the individual who posted it.....See the original is deleted..

Anyone who calls an 1100 an $20k golf cart isn't worth talking to.

And to said poster:...Going for a run in my 1100 in bad weather affords my disabled daughter one of the joys in her life, that's woth $20k to me.

In addition, when I have to plow snow for 2+ hours in sub zero wind chills my "$20k golf cart" is worth every penny...We can afford it, so we bought it..Get over it.

Last edited:
   / 1100 RTV... keeping windows clear #10  
I never thought I could afford the 1100 until I bought one for $10.5K almost new!!! I have 3 young kids and I was going to buy a 900 until this deal came through. Now I don't have to worry about my kids falling out, getting wiped in the eye by a branch, and the like. I get to enjoy my farm in all seasons in comfort, use it for 2 of my businesses I run, and so many more things it is unbelieveably wonderful!!! Golf cart.....HA!!! For your applixcation timswi, it seems priceless. Good for you and I bet your daughter enjoys your rig just as much as my kids do and probably alot more. I cannot afford it like the price tag implies, but I feel blessed to have one and is probably the #1 quality of life improvement I have made for myself and my family.