Gators with JD Power Front Blades

/ Gators with JD Power Front Blades #1  

pane056

Silver Member
Tractor
CaseIH 685 & JD 3320
Hello;

Are any of running a Gator with the factory front power lift, power angle blade? How well does it work? How well do you like it?

We have a 3320 Cab unit with the JD 6 foot?? snow blower. The blower works great but it's tough doing around the barns and walk to the house. I was thinking that maybe a power blade on our 825i might just be the ticket.

thanks, nicholas

/ Gators with JD Power Front Blades #2  
I use the American Eagle plow on my 825i but have seen the JD setup as well as the Boss.....to me the Boss V plow is the way to go if you want a complete power blade....it's built incredibly tough and is priced comparable to the JD unit....the Boss is a far superior blade/mount and controller.

I'm planning to save up for a Boss V plow to replace my American Eagle plow for next year if all goes well....it's an awesome piece.:thumbsup:

/ Gators with JD Power Front Blades
Hello;

Mr Dixiedog.

Yesterday I was on the Boss site and agree with you. I was not able to get any specs. but what I saw was very impressive. I could not find a price. What kind of money are we talking. Yesterday I stopped in to our local JD dealer about their plow. The salesman mentioned the boss but said it was much, much more money then the JD unit.

thanks, nicholas

/ Gators with JD Power Front Blades #4  
Up here they run about $3100 complete.....I've seen them new on Ebay at $2900 complete delivered. Every dealer I talked to had a different price and I'm talking several hundred not just $30 or $40. The Boss mount is very impressive too, you don't lose ground clearance like you do with most others....I can't see anything bad about the Boss myself other than it's not on the front of my 825i yet.:laughing:

Hello;

Mr. Dixiedog.

Although thr V plow is most impressive and versitle I don't really need a V. A straight blade will do fine. Any idea what the price difference is? It is intended for clearing next to buildings. My wife does all of the sno removal with a 3320 and blower. I better not even think about doing the snow unless I want to suffer the rath of Susan. The 3320 with cab is tough to back up in tight places and close to buildings. we just recently bought the 3320 and Gator. We spent an awful lot of money on them. Therefore I would like to keep additional purchases to what is absolutely necessary. Earlier on one of the plow sites I was watching snow plowing videos with a Gator & V plow. Very impressive. But I have to wonder what damage to the Gator will result. It sure looked abusive to the Gator. I also wonder how good of an install a Boss dealer will do considering they doubtfully have much experience installing on Gators.

It's been my experience that calling around for prices does not yield as good a price as getting it in person.

Thank you. nicholas

/ Gators with JD Power Front Blades #6  
The straight blades were less than $200 cheaper....I couldn't believe how close in price they were considering how much simpler the straight blade is.

I really don't believe the abuse to the Gator is too bad....I can tell you I've pounded some serious snow with my 825i and American Eagle plow and no damage has resulted....they are built pretty dang tough. The American Eagle is a much cheaper alternative but the power angle and not having to leave your seat to V or angle the plow would be awful nice.

Hello;

Today I called a Boss dealer for pricing. The V Plow with all the necessary kits and install is $3400.00

The straaight blade installed is $2800.00. Looks like a V plow is in my near future.

thanks, nicholas

/ Gators with JD Power Front Blades #8  
I want one pretty bad myself, it's been tough to resist so far......my American Eagle V-plow does the job but that Boss looks so dang nice.

Hello;

All for naught. It was fun while it lasted. Turns out I don't need a plow after all.

Yesterday my wife saddled up her 3320 and set out to clear the drive. She did right up to the barn and garage
and sidewalks with surgical precision & in no time at all.

Thanks for all of yours help and information
nicholas

/ Gators with JD Power Front Blades #10  
I have been around a few of the Deere (Brinly Hardy) full power blade and normally I am a pretty big Deere chearleader but I have not been all that impressed with the duty level of this blade but should also state that I don't put a lot of faith in most of Brinly Hardy products. Like the others mentioned the Boss has a pretty good name. I was next to one once with a Boss mounted but never got to see it operate. By the looks of the machine stance once mounted though I think I would maybe want on of the late model units with power steering. Arn't ya just a little bit dissapointed though that you did not get to buy another toy for the Gator?