Kubota RTV 500 and Snow plowing

/ Kubota RTV 500 and Snow plowing #1  

Dream 61

Tractor
Kubota RTV 500
I just recently purchased my RTV 500 and wonder if anyone had any experience using the RTV 500 to plow snow? It's electric up / down with a manual angle pin. I read all the reviews and found that most of the comments have been of use and value. They also convey what I have noticed in my brief 5 hours of operation. I used it to plow a recent snowfall and hope to have it through break in before I need to plow again.
Our familly owns 5 different Kubota tractors used with various attachments. So we felt comfortable staying with the Kubota for the RTV would be a safe move.
The stiffness of the ride is noticeable and I may adjust the shocks after I take the snowplow off doing like Jeff said with a wrench. I noticed that accessory sites for this Kubota product are hard to find. Had to depend on my dealer to tell me what was available for this model.
I have added the windshield (because of plowing), a rearview mirror, and a hitch ( from the dealer because of the fit to the vehicle). I think it would be good for Kubota to add a site showing the accessories.

/ Kubota RTV 500 and Snow plowing #2  
:welcome: And bullet says hello too

/ Kubota RTV 500 and Snow plowing #3  
Greetings and welcome to TBN. Check out our Kubota area. Take care.

/ Kubota RTV 500 and Snow plowing #4  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the ATVs & Utility Vehicles forum.

/ Kubota RTV 500 and Snow plowing #5  
The RTV 500 works great plowing snow....the only thing I did have issues with was shifting at times....when you first start in extremely cold weather reversing direction is kinda tough. They plow way more snow than they should be able to.

/ Kubota RTV 500 and Snow plowing #6  
Based on my experience with my previos RTV500, It will surprise you as to how much snow it'll move.

/ Kubota RTV 500 and Snow plowing
Thanks for the info. Have been plowing with a 6' backblade on another piece of equipment (Kubota B 2100 Diesel). I plowed backwards with the blade in a normal position but angled steeplly and have had trouble turning my neck to see behind the machine. Finally made my mind up to do something about this problem and hoped I made the right decision. From what I read and the 1 small snow storm we had I think I'll be satisfied. With what you're telling me it sounds like I'll be able to handle deep snow without a problem.

Thanks

/ Kubota RTV 500 and Snow plowing #8  
Thanks for the info. Have been plowing with a 6' backblade on another piece of equipment (Kubota B 2100 Diesel). I plowed backwards with the blade in a normal position but angled steeplly and have had trouble turning my neck to see behind the machine. Finally made my mind up to do something about this problem and hoped I made the right decision. From what I read and the 1 small snow storm we had I think I'll be satisfied. With what you're telling me it sounds like I'll be able to handle deep snow without a problem.

Thanks

I used mine in a nearly 3 foot snow storm...A challenge, yes, but it surprised everyone as to how much material it could move..

If you stay under 8" and keep up with the snow you should have a pleasurable time plowing....I did.

/ Kubota RTV 500 and Snow plowing
WOW!!!! Hope we do not get a 3 ft. snow job. When we do plow we also use the front end loader to pick up snow that plow leaves in tight areas. It does become a job to get cleared up. Glad I have another machine to work with.