Mule 3010 Transport needs better tires

/ Mule 3010 Transport needs better tires #1  

kneedeep

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510 & 8560
My mule 4WD transport seems to have plenty of power, but it will not perform in mud! I use it for Duck Hunting in the MS Delta in mostly Agriculture fields, on the levees and tractor turnrows. On hard ground it has no problem but in the real muddy places it seems to just spin the wheels and will bottom out quickly.
I have been told to lift it and install aggressive tires to make it handle the mud better. I am not trying to make it a mudder, just not make me have to walk so much because I don't want to stick it.

I have seen the Essex lift/tire combo online and just wondering if anyone has done a upgrade on their Mule. Any suggestions woud be appreciated.

/ Mule 3010 Transport needs better tires #2  
I have a Essex kit on mine since 2005 great kit there tires are good never got stuck yet with the tires, BTW mine is a re badged mule has a Suzuki name on it and it yellow ...... lol

DSCF5818%20%28Medium%29.JPG

the 3010 mules have a couple of very weak links to them

the fuel pumps on them suck ..... they will fail because of the design

the front drums splines are junk you just can not cut a spline into cast iron and run it with a harden steel shaft does not mix, and the front axles are a little weak for the lift kit installed a new axle no more problems there

have had problems with the coil packs gone threw 3 or 4 of them, could be because we use our to mow are grass with a tow behind, were just cooking the coils ???

/ Mule 3010 Transport needs better tires
Are the coil packs on the engine or spring coils???????

/ Mule 3010 Transport needs better tires #4  
Are the coil packs on the engine or spring coils???????

if you follow the spark wire back that is where the coil is located, the rear one is a super PIA to remove, there is also a exciter box under the seat driver side,

as for the fuel pump there is also a fuel relay in the circuit, i just installed a small after market pump Mr. Gasket brand | Part #: 42S have not had a problem since and no gas leak down in to the oil with this pump

/ Mule 3010 Transport needs better tires
Good to know, thanks Rayjay! So far, KOW, I have not had engine issues with my 2007 Transport.
I am curious about the Essex tires. I really need to get as high as possible to keep from bottoming out and having to "swim" thru the muddy places. The Essex 27" Surefoot will give it about 3.5" of ground clearance. They are also puncture resistant and have stiffer sidewalls.
What size tires do you have and how do they ride?

/ Mule 3010 Transport needs better tires #6  
mine came in the Essex Ranger kit there 27" you will need the lift kit with them they ride good very very good traction used the mule to plow snow since we got it , we get a lot of wet snow and ice up here not a lot of powder bent and broke a couple of plows over the years, since getting the LS tractor it retired to just hauling the extra tools around, and ash duty when needed also if noticed its missing the rear fender wife took care of that last summer..... tore it off and ran over it with the mower ....:confused2: of course she did not have any idea how it happened ......