RTV 500 performance

/ RTV 500 performance #1  

Bumper2Bumper

Tractor
Kubota RTV 500
I own a Kubota RTV 500. I was trying to find out if there is any way to pep it up. Give it a few more horse power and also to maybe lift it a little on the front.
Signed Bumper2

/ RTV 500 performance #2  
I am an RTV500 owner.

The RTV500 will always want to be a tractor.

Sell your RTV 500 and apply the proceeds to a Polaris RZR, which aspires to be a hot rod or Baja contender.

Last edited:
   / RTV 500 performance #3  
I am an RTV500 owner.

The RTV500 will always want to be a tractor.

Sell your RTV 500 and apply the proceeds to a Polaris RZR, which aspires to be a hot rod or Baja contender.

sorry that is not an answer. the point here is to know how to tweak the machine you ALREADY have. not sell it and then you will want to tweak that too. tell me - how can you tweak polaris rzr, its not enough for me.:2cents:

/ RTV 500 performance #5  
Yep the servo and WOT adjustments made a huge difference on my RTV 500....it didn't make it lightning quick but it had good power for working and didn't have any issues climbing hills afterwards.

/ RTV 500 performance #6  
I own a Kubota RTV 500. I was trying to find out if there is any way to pep it up. Give it a few more horse power and also to maybe lift it a little on the front.
Signed Bumper2

Adjusting the servo (easy but an excercise in patience and restraint) and the WOT adjustment (inductive digital timing light necessary) make a fairly significant difference...It certainly did on mine. However, it does seem that the newer 500's have that already done by Kubota based on what I've been told recently...I bought one of the first 500's and it seems Kubota was holding the machine back a bit at the time.

If you want to do the adjustments, it's only a half hour to an hour investment...Make sure the machine is at full operating temp when checking the results. 500's run better as they warm up.