6k Miles Pftttt!

/ 6k Miles Pftttt! #1  

DIXIEDOG

Platinum Member
Tractor
International 2544 / Gator 825i/L2501/General
For the Bota' braggers talking about 6K miles like it's some great feat....check out this on the Gator forum :thumbsup:

http://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?13524-Who-has-more

attachment.php

/ 6k Miles Pftttt! #2  
My Polaris dealer has had quite a few Sportsmans (400/500) traded in with OVER 20,000 kms/12,500 miles on them, and none had ever been apart, all were original stock!!

/ 6k Miles Pftttt! #3  
   / 6k Miles Pftttt!
With as fast as Kubotas are don't the miles add up quicker than the miles :laughing: I agree it's probably not a fair comparison, my Kubota RTV only had an hour meter not an odometer....just joshing some folks. :thumbsup:

/ 6k Miles Pftttt! #5  
I can't see the pics either. My four RTV900s all have about 2800 (yes, two thousand eight hundred) hours on them and are less than a year (yes, 1 year) old. They probably average 10MPH, so that's 28000 miles, pulling 2000LBS-6000LBS for every single one of those miles.

Beat that with a gator.

/ 6k Miles Pftttt!
It's too bad that Kubotas don't have an odometer it would be interesting to see just how many miles they were good for.

/ 6k Miles Pftttt! #7  
It's too bad that Kubotas don't have an odometer it would be interesting to see just how many miles they were good for.
6000 hours at an average of 2MPH would be 3000 miles. If the average was 5MPH, it would be 30,000 miles. If the average was 10MPH it would be 60,000 miles.
How many hours and miles were on the one in the picture you linked to? Those who aren't members of that forum cant see the pictures.

Thanks

Aaron Z

/ 6k Miles Pftttt!
6000 hours at an average of 2MPH would be 3000 miles. If the average was 5MPH, it would be 30,000 miles. If the average was 10MPH it would be 60,000 miles.
How many hours and miles were on the one in the picture you linked to? Those who aren't members of that forum cant see the pictures.

Thanks

Aaron Z

1236.8 hrs on it. The mph average thing never really works that great....guys that use their equipment for shorter periods of time spend nearly as much time idling as they do driving.....I think my average speed when using the odometer/hour meter is pretty close to 3 mph with all the snow plowing I do, so much time is spent warming the engine up and waiting to come back down to idle speed before shifting forward to reverse the hours idling add up.

/ 6k Miles Pftttt!
Odometres do not tell the tale, hours do.

One without the other is all but useless....they should all have hour and odometers then you can tell how it was really used. If it's got 6k hrs and 3000 miles and the seller tells you they only used it to get their paper each morning you know they are full of it....or if it has 300 hrs but 12000 miles you know they did a lot of riding on smooth surfaces. Hours or miles by themselves don't tell the full story on anything, I remember seeing all the early 90's trucks for sale in 2000's that only had 50-60k miles on them....dealers would all claim they were owned by an older gentlemen that used it to go to town once a week....true story is they were plow trucks and had gobs of abuse on them. Same with an hour meter I know of plenty of tractors where they key was left on and they racked up crazy hours on them until the battery quit.