Rear (In Dump Body) RTV Seats

/ Rear (In Dump Body) RTV Seats #1  

curtisfarmer

Gold Member
Tractor
M7040, L48, KX121-3, RTV 1100 and a couple of older Fords
Anyone have rear seats in their RTV? I see a few available through aftermarket parts suppliers. I want to put a set in my RTV1100 bed to haul people around my farm. Hopefully there are some available with quick attach so I can take them out and use the bed when I want.

/ Rear (In Dump Body) RTV Seats #2  
Trade it to a RTV1140 which has the back seats that fold up when you want a bigger dump bed. RTVs and tractors trade just like cars and trucks. You give them yours and they give you theirs. Barlows does for sure.:D
Years ago Subaru made a Brat that had, I think, plastic seats in the bed facing backwards so could maybe do something like that and leave them in and fill the seats with whatever your hauling.

/ Rear (In Dump Body) RTV Seats #3  
Check Cabella's. They had one on sale for $129.00 a couple of months ago. On Duck Dynasty they use a plank across the bed on their Ranger 6X6.

/ Rear (In Dump Body) RTV Seats #4  
We used to put a school bus seat in the back of the pickup, ought to work and save a few $$$ too.

/ Rear (In Dump Body) RTV Seats #5  
I used the Cabela jump seat in the back of my 500 Ranger. Cabela's: Yutrax UTV Jump Seat

Worked fine and was quick and easy to remove.

Then I bought an 800 Crew Ranger and don't need the jump seat anymore. :)

There are a number of other folks making rear bed seats for UTVs though I can't say that I've seen any specifically designed for the RTV series.

/ Rear (In Dump Body) RTV Seats #6  
Anyone have rear seats in their RTV? I see a few available through aftermarket parts suppliers. I want to put a set in my RTV1100 bed to haul people around my farm. Hopefully there are some available with quick attach so I can take them out and use the bed when I want.
Here is what I did. Have about $200 in them. Going to really try them out in Colorado this summer. They are held in with 4ea 1/2" nuts. Takes about ten minutes to install or remove. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• rear seat 11.jpg
    rear seat 11.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,952
  • rear seat 14.jpg
    rear seat 14.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 5,109
   / Rear (In Dump Body) RTV Seats #7  
Nice! Would you consider making another set for sale? I am in the Abilene area, so Ic ould easily pick them up...Thanks in advance, Dale

/ Rear (In Dump Body) RTV Seats #8  
Plykins - how did you secure the bed from opening? Are you relying on the hydraulic cylinder? I am asking because your seats are behind/on the pivot point for the bed. If you hit a bump at speed it could create a moment arm that will tend to cause the bed to dump. A friend's daughter in Burnet was riding in a high seat similar to yours installed in a Polaris and this exact scenario unfolded resulting in his daughter becoming a paraplegic. Granted, the Polaris does not have a hydraulic lift but the force was enough to cause the beds latch to fail (the seats were also much taller and did not have seat belts - a very bad combination). Designs that have the seats installed facing rearward and against the existing ROPS avoid this danger AND gain more protection from the ROPS if the vehicle rolls.

/ Rear (In Dump Body) RTV Seats #9  
Different situation, but let me relay my experience.

Borrowed an electric golf cart which has a front bench seat and a rear facing raised bench seat. It's wheels were also "raised." Took it deer hunting with son and his family.

Bottom line, fully loaded it was way tippy, with wheels leaving the ground under conditions I did not consider "dangerous." We started out on a ride around with son and myself in front seats On the raised rear seat was his wife (slim), a petite female adult, and 6 yr old son. Half way thru the outing, I changed places with the petite female thus adding about 100 lbs to the rear and reducing the front load by about 100 lbs.

Son drove no more than 30 yards and noticed front wheels bouncing off ground...we carefully repositioned ourselves to the original seating arrangements and carefully went on our way.

Point is, I'd be worried about changing the balance of the vehicle and making it unstable if you were to put two 250 lb men in the raised rear seat and then drive over inclined terrain. Might not be a problem, but golf cart batteries are toward rear of vehicle, so is the engine of the RTV 900. Thus, a heavy load in the high rear seat combined with a steep incline, at some point, is unstable.

Just a thought.