Polaris Sportsman 400 HO

/ Polaris Sportsman 400 HO #1  

cletus99

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kubota L3800HST
Well the wife talked me into purchasing some atvs. It's going to put my tractor purchase on hold for a while, but I figure we'll have more fun and get more use out of the atvs. The kids will enjoy them too. We've decided on the Polaris Sportsman 400 HO. Probably going to finalize the paperwork sometime this week. I wanted to know if anyone on here has owned one and what their thoughts were on them.

/ Polaris Sportsman 400 HO #2  
I have owned:Honda,Yamaha,Kawasaki and Suzuki.....never a Polaris and don't plan on it.They may have improved them but for my money can't compare with the others.

/ Polaris Sportsman 400 HO #3  
Well the wife talked me into purchasing some atvs. It's going to put my tractor purchase on hold for a while, but I figure we'll have more fun and get more use out of the atvs. The kids will enjoy them too. We've decided on the Polaris Sportsman 400 HO. Probably going to finalize the paperwork sometime this week. I wanted to know if anyone on here has owned one and what their thoughts were on them.

My neighbors have Polaris Sportsmans..Sorry, don't recall the CC's...They run them hard and have never had any issues beyond batteries going bad (once each) in the 4 years they've had them...They are very nice machines. I'd buy one.

/ Polaris Sportsman 400 HO #4  
I owned a yamaha atv for years and now own two Polaris 550's. The Polaris was (and still is I hope) made in the USA, and that matters to me. In addition to that I will say that I have beat up on the pretty hard, since I have owned them and they have yet to let me down. The only thing I do not really like about them is the plastic racks on the front and back. I'm sure that is the norm now on most everything, but I had steel on the old yamaha. They are also a little funny to secure anything to if/when you plan to carry anything on them. As far as something for fun, I love 'em and the wife does too. Her loving them and enjoying riding them means much more than any gripes about plastic parts for my money.

/ Polaris Sportsman 400 HO #5  
I had a 2004 sportsman 400 that I bought new. I only used mine during hunting season to drag game out of the woods. Sold it in 2006 when my hunting partner bought a small tractor and we used that to get the game. In 2011 my hunting buddy sold his property and tractor so I bought a 550 EFI. I like the Polaris. Never had an HO but the 400 and 550 do what I need them to do. I'm not a trail rider or high speed either and mainly use mine to crawl through the woods usually in low range through places that are hard or near impossible to walk. Never had a problem with either one. I just do oil changes once a year, fuel up, check the tire pressures and go. If your going to ride 2 up test drive it first with 2 people on it. I could tell my 400 worked hard carrying 2 adult hunters. May not be a problem with the HO.

/ Polaris Sportsman 400 HO #6  
Last year I bought two new sportsmans , a 500 ho for myself and a 400 ho for my my wife. I have been extremely pleased with both machines. They are comfortable quick and have plenty of power, the 400 gives up a little top end to the 500 but is still impressive . The 400 is actually a 450 , well worth the asking price.
So far the only problem I have had was a defective temp sending unit on the 500 ,( replaced under warranty)otherwise they have been bulletproof.
I have ridden most of the other competing makes and of all of them I believe these value Atv's from Polaris are the best bang for the buck around.............Craig

Attachments

• image-2459870038.jpg
    image-2459870038.jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 1,418
   / Polaris Sportsman 400 HO #7  
Kioti guy: Can you tell me anything about the box on the back of the blue ATV? I have not found anything for mine that I like.

Tom

/ Polaris Sportsman 400 HO #8  

More fun than a tractor...................NOT.

Charlie

/ Polaris Sportsman 400 HO
Well we purchased two Polaris 400 HOs yesterday. Me and my son got to ride them for 3 or 4 hours before the rain moved in. We had a blast. They seem to be very well built machines. The suspension is great. You barely feel any bumps. I’m used to 4 wheelers beating you to death if you go too fast over rough terrain. Not with these. They are awesome. Plenty of power too. Can’t wait to go riding again this weekend. Weather is going to be nice too. Now I’ve got to build me a shelter to keep them in so I can park my truck back in the garage. Until then the truck will have to sleep outside.

/ Polaris Sportsman 400 HO
More fun than a tractor...................NOT.

Charlie

Actually yeah. Had a blast yesterday with them. Tractors are fun too, but not quite as fun as going out riding and having fun on a 4 wheeler. At least for me anyway.