Tractor
    Ford

Default Anyone use a Kubota RTV900 with a FarmBoy 3 PT Hitch

Hi there,
    This is my first post but have used the site for much helpful info. I have a Ford 2n tractor that I use a few implements on: 5'Grader Blade, Boom, Middle buster, Carry All, and looking to get more. I am looking at getting a RTV900XT to help move firewood and other things around the house. I was wondering if the RTV900XT actually had enough power to work with these implements if I get the FarmBoy 3 point hitch for it. I was also wanting to know if anyone has used a box blade and if it was strong enough for that. Am I waisting money on the Farmboy with the RTV900, or will it work? Or should I just stay with the 2n tractor, but I'm looking to get away from it because of the reliability. Thanks for any info you may have.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: Anyone use a Kubota RTV900 with a FarmBoy 3 PT Hitch

Welcome from Ohio
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I have used mine to pull a long drag to level off the pasture after disking. It will start to run hot if you peg the pedal for a long time with a heavy load like that. I would say you could pull a small cultivator or row hipper with it, box blade??? Maybe if you don't load it too much but I don't think they were made to use ground engaging tools. It will pull a heavy trailer well though.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Ford

Do you think for short term yard use the box blade would be fine? I won't be using it but here and there. And probably not very long each time. I think my tracror is finally getting to the end of it's use without needing more $ dumped into it. And do you find that the Farmboy is worth the money for your use? Thanks

Tractor
    Ford

I am planning on putting the snow plow on the front as well. Do you have any use with that?

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I don't have any use for a snow plow but the RTV 900 should be really well with a snow plow. I have seen many post here for guys using them with snow plows. I think much has to do with how your transmission is adjusted. Some owners complain about not having any power to climb hills etc, but I haven't had any issues with my 2009 model. I think the main reason for complains about power is lack of knowledge on how to drive a HST transmission. If you start to stall down the engine, just back off the pedal a little and it powers right on up. I think those saying it wont pull are just putting the pedal to the medal which is not the way to do it.
    I have used mine to yank saplings out of the ground by using a chain on the ball hitches that I installed in the front and rear receivers.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Ford

Thanks for the info Gary! It looks like I'll be putting enough money out with the RTV900 itself. The kubota snowplow is $1800, and if I could use the 3 pt hitch for a bit more money it would make the machine alot more versitile for me. Just don't want to be spending it when it won't work for me.