Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV?

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV?
NewPontoon014.jpg

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #112  
Ric, very nice . You were right here....we are in Flat Hollow just below Anchor Marine. Back this weekend to keep working on the place/dock/yard.

I bought a 2014 Polaris Ranger 570 this week. didnt bring it with me got some mods to do then bring it down for spring break. The dealer I bought from said I could add the engine braking kit from tthe ATV's if needed so we will see. Polaris said Not recommended , and we think its due to extra weight capabilities of the Ranger vs the ATV. But got to better than dropping it in the lake.

Congrats on your Ranger! Yeah, I don't think a snorkel kit would be much benefit if you ran it off that point...keep it up on dry land:thumbsup:

Post up some pic's when you get it!

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #114  
Congrats on your Ranger! Yeah, I don't think a snorkel kit would be much benefit if you ran it off that point...keep it up on dry land:thumbsup:

Post up some pic's when you get it!

Its home in Ohio in the Garage now.Spring Valley-20140314-00338.jpg

2014 Polaris Ranger 570 Midsize

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #115  
I have that Robin/Subaru engine in my Ranger TM, the 2WD "geezer" edition. With 700 trouble-free hours on the Ranger, we love it. If that engine suddenly idles too quickly, check the throttle cable. A screw comes loose and lets the cable end bind. Tighten it up again and it's fine.

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #116  
That is the problem with a CVT trans as they have nearly no engine braking to help.

I have that engine/transmission in my 2004 Ranger TM, and it does have engine braking, as well as excellent disk brakes. My friend's Ranger 500 does not have engine braking, as you say.

35 hr update. Had to tighten the bolt that holds on the spark arrester/tail pipe....it was rattling. The seat vinyl looks cool with a neat diamond plate pattern, but it's thin and the seam has separated at the corner on the drivers side. I think I am just going to order a bolt of black Sunbrella and make my own cover.....black vinyl is murder in the summer anyway.
Sunbrella Type Marine One XP Black Outdoor Upholstery Marine Boat UV Fabric | eBay

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #118  
I think it is update time!

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #119  
M7... The BD 700 is the only thing I can afford with that size engine... am I going to regret getting it for tooling down and back to the lake (~ 50 yards of 35 degree slope with loose rock at one end of path) and launching jet ski's down the road with a similar slope? If my wife doesn't find it a pleasure to drive I'm cooked.

Update:

The Bulldog has been very dependable....86.5 hrs...I am at I did cover the seat with Sunbrella which has made it cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. I also added some Tractor Supply LED "alley lights" under the roof and behind the driver/passenger that can also flip up to illuminate the bed when loading firewood(or a big buck) at night.