Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV?

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #81  
Look forward to seeing them fitted up on your buggy.

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV?
Look forward to seeing them fitted up on your buggy.

Here ya go Phil........

I marked and drilled the holes for the 1" U-bolts, then send them out to the paint shop:
100aconNorris040.jpg

100aconNorris041.jpg

Then here they are installed:
100aconNorris044.jpg

100aconNorris045.jpg

100aconNorris048.jpg

I figure I have about $10 in these plus a couple of hours in the shop. Initially I bent them to 90 degrees, but had to open that out to about 110 degrees so they would not touch the rubber boots. As soon as I was done we had to go out and take a look at a 100 ac tract on Lake Norris that my wife is listing for sale. I didn't get to go on any gnarly trails, but I did climb a hill that was about a 35 degree slope with no issues at all.

100aconNorris093.jpg

100aconNorris090.jpg

100aconNorris084.jpg

It was a beautiful day, about 50 degrees & we enjoyed it....single digits inbound for the AM here

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #84  
Those ought to keep the rocks and sticks away. Nice job.

Looks like a nice place to toodle around.

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #85  
Nice work on the bar over the dash and CV Gaurds!

Thanks!

2 degrees this AM, throttle cable was frozen and it was right back at the carb so it broke free after the engine warmed things up. It must have had some moisture in it so when things warm back up I'll shoot some WD40 down it, wait a day then shoot some cable lube in there.

Another thing is occurring, it is getting stuck in gear(either forward or reverse). It's not weather related since it happened the other day when it was 50, and it did it twice today on a 10 mile snowseeing ride. It uses a series of cables for shifting, so I am guessing it needs some adjustment. Shutting off the engine lets the clutch or gear release so it's really just inconvenient at the moment.

We could not get the wife's AWD Sorrento up our driveway yesterday evening but the Bulldog had zero problems. I also noticed on the snow roads and trails this morning that the 2WD is almost as good as the 4WD and this machine drifted around corners much less then friends on ATV's in 2WD. It was asctually hard to make it slide...kinda took all the fun out of it:cool:

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #87  
Very talented MotorSeven....nice work

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #88  
did you ever find out what was causing you not to get her out of gear?

Thanks TC.

Belt, no, it is still intermittent. I think I'll call American Sportworks and talk to someone there. I'm kinda curious to see how efficient(or not) their customer service is.

I first noticed it when doing this maneuver: Around here turning around on steep narrow trails, I usually just run my Kodiak partially up an embankment, let it roll back down while turning the wheels. Sometimes you have to do this a couple of times to get completely turned around. I know the drive/tranny system is totally different between the two machines, but the Bulldog does not like this at all, the clutch stays engaged in forward any time it encounters resistance & like I mentioned before, the only way to get it back to neutral is to turn the machine off. It even has done it on flat level ground, but usually will release if you I just let it idle for a few seconds. I'm sure the Bulldog has a centrifugal clutch, however I don't know what type. When going from Neutral to Forward or Reverse, you add throttle & then it engages.....kinda like my old mini-bike back in '69:)

/ Home Depot Bulldog 700 4x4 UTV? #90  
My trailwagon did the same, told by customer service that my idle speed was too fast causing the clutch to stay engaged. Lower idle rpm back to spec (it sounds too slow for my liking but it is the spec), seemed much better. At about 150 hours the belt drive seemed to loosen up a little which made it free roll back a lot easier.