Kubota RTV 1100 w/ Boss V plow?

/ Kubota RTV 1100 w/ Boss V plow? #1  

s120483

Tractor
Case IH
Hey guys, new here to the forum. Been kinda scrolling through reading all the information. I am currently in the UTV market and have decided to get a plow for the unit as well. Here in NW IA we can get some nasty blizzards which result in some decent sized drifts. I like the UTV with plow idea for getting into tight spots and also being a little more durable on a farm than a pickup truck. I think the Boss V plow makes sense so I can break through these drifts. Should I consider the Kubota V plow? Is Boss a good unit? Do the V plows make sense on a UTV or not worth the expense? I just want to make sure that the UTV can break through these drifts and push snow in 12"+ snow falls. Also the UTV choice is down to a CaseIH Scout XL and Kubota RTV 1100. Any specific thoughts between these two? I am leaning the Kubota direction but we have lots of Case IH products on the farm and my brand loyalty is making me consider the Scout XL, just haven't seen many in person yet. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 w/ Boss V plow? #2  
The V plows are great and Boss makes the best one out there...That is on my wants list for my 825i for next winter, they are pricey but a quality built piece. I've got the American Eagle V plow with manual angling but the last 3 yrs have taken their toll and it's in rough shape....the Boss is built much better and will take any abuse you dish out...they look just like the Boss truck plows in person...very stout for a utv.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 w/ Boss V plow? #3  
They can really stack too

/ Kubota RTV 1100 w/ Boss V plow? #4  
An RTV1100 will struggle if you are pushing 12" snow falls considering the drifts you get in IA. You can plow them if you have patience and time, however anything over 8" starts to make you work hard. I suspect you will find that with 12" you will find it easier to plow or blow with a tractor.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 w/ Boss V plow? #5  
Really? I ended up getting the Boss V plow for my 825i and that thing will push 18" with ease.....not even starting to work it. It's surprising the RTV1100 can't do the same.

The Boss plow is awesome and Red's Garage in New York gave the best deal shipped to me....I did have a problem with the lift cylinder leaking out of the box....Red's sent me a replacement right away and gave me a return shipping label to send the old part back. I'm very pleased with the service I got from them.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 w/ Boss V plow? #6  
The Kubota's are way more reliable and have heat and air than anything else on market as long as you don't need speed or are going to be blasting down the trail . I have an 2013 ranger xp 900 and its nothing but a problem and my neighbor has the gator with full cab and heater and it is faster but dosent compare in comfort of durability just one guys opinion of many im sure

/ Kubota RTV 1100 w/ Boss V plow? #7  
I have the 2014 Kubota RTV x900, I am in the market for the Boss V-Plow myself. I know it is overkill for what I will use it for, but getting older and like the ease of use of this brand. With the many options of how to use the plow, I don't see any problem with pushing snow. Still will have the B2620 with fel if needed. Always hated getting off the B2620 to rotate rear blade when I wasn't using the fel to push snow. Soon as the boss gives the okay, I will have one ordered from someplace.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 w/ Boss V plow? #8  
DixieDog, dig you get the smarthitch 2 with your Boss Vplow. I emailed Joe at Red's Garage, he said with the utv blade is not too heavy so you wouldn't need the Smarthitch as much. But some are still buying it. He also said you could add it later. If I am going to get the smarthitch, I would get it when I purchased the blade. What do you think?

/ Kubota RTV 1100 w/ Boss V plow? #9  
I bought mine with the Smarthitch 2 and the aux lights, best money I ever spent.

Matt

/ Kubota RTV 1100 w/ Boss V plow? #10  
DixieDog, dig you get the smarthitch 2 with your Boss Vplow. I emailed Joe at Red's Garage, he said with the utv blade is not too heavy so you wouldn't need the Smarthitch as much. But some are still buying it. He also said you could add it later. If I am going to get the smarthitch, I would get it when I purchased the blade. What do you think?

No I didn't get the Smarthitch option....they said the same thing to me....I didn't get it and I don't need it. The plow hooks up easy without it. I did call them up and order the Boss add on lights for the plow after, it was around $200 but well worth it. They are good lights and hook up was a breeze.