Kawasaki Mule Feedback

/ Kawasaki Mule Feedback #1  

weldingisfun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4500 4WD w/FEL, and Scotts S2048 lawn tractor
All you Kawasaki Mule owners and dealers, we would like your feedback. We have been driving a Mule Trans 4x4 for about seven years and love it. The time has come to retire the old girl and look at getting a new one. We willstay with the Kawasaki Mule Trans 4X4, so all you Polaris, Gator, Rave, Bobcat etc., owners please don't offer your opinions, thank you anyway.

The question is, do we get another gasser or go to the diesel model? The price difference is about +$2000 for the diesel. Is it worth that much more? If so, what is the benefit. We have a Mahindra diesel tractor, so we have to get diesel fuel anyway.

Thanks.

/ Kawasaki Mule Feedback #2  
Lee, a few years ago I asked one of the operators how many hours he had on a Kawasaki Mule used for litter collection at DFW Airport. He said 3600 and still going strong. I doubt you have that many hours on your current Mule. I would think a diesel has no application if you are gonna trade often. That Trans Mule cannot be that many years old. The $2000 you save by not going diesel can be used for other nice options. It seems to me that the fuel injection cures most of the problems of the gasoline engine. I'd stick with gas.

/ Kawasaki Mule Feedback #3  
It seems to me that the fuel injection cures most of the problems of the gasoline engine. I'd stick with gas.
You said no RTV owners, but I wanted to mention that we drove the RTV400 (Carb) before we bought a RTV500 (EFI). The EFI on the 500 is great and it starts/runs with less fuss than the 400 did.

Aaron Z

/ Kawasaki Mule Feedback #4  
All you Kawasaki Mule owners and dealers, we would like your feedback. We have been driving a Mule Trans 4x4 for about seven years and love it. The time has come to retire the old girl and look at getting a new one. We willstay with the Kawasaki Mule Trans 4X4, so all you Polaris, Gator, Rave, Bobcat etc., owners please don't offer your opinions, thank you anyway.

The question is, do we get another gasser or go to the diesel model? The price difference is about +$2000 for the diesel. Is it worth that much more? If so, what is the benefit. We have a Mahindra diesel tractor, so we have to get diesel fuel anyway.

Thanks.
I have a 2007, 3010 Trans 4x4 gas. Even without EFI (they went EFI and electric steering in 2008...wouldn't you know!) I would not pay the extra for diesel. I have ridden in a diesel version and it's LOUD and HEAVY. I am a Kubota guy but will not buy any of their UTV's. I would put my mule up against them any day. Both in price and performance. Stick with the EFI mule!

/ Kawasaki Mule Feedback #5  
I have the 2007 gas trans mule and have been happy with it. I at times wish it had more power going up a hill but it has worked great. I considered the diesel but was not sure the extra cost was worth it. And if gas averages 3.85 gal that $2000.00 would buy 519 gallons of gas!!

/ Kawasaki Mule Feedback #6  
I have a 2011 gas TransMule 4x4 and went for it over the RTV diesel for a variety of reasons, including noise. The Mule is mostly for pleasure and enjoying the outdoors. Being able to talk to those in the Mule with me is a big part of getting the TransMule, and enjoying the company of who I am with.

Another consideration that I used when buying my zero turn and going with gas over diesel is that when I figured the number of hours I would use it, and how many hours I would get out of a gas engine, it didn't make sense to buy a machine with an engine that will outlast everything else on it. My thinking is that my liquid cooled gas engine is going to give me 20 years easily. After that I'm sure the rest of it will fall apart faster then the engine does and there isn't any reason to have spent extra on the diesel engine that last longer.

Eddie

/ Kawasaki Mule Feedback
Thanks for all the input, fellas. I believe I was just bitten by the "Buy New Bug". After applying a little Common Sense Ointment, supplied by y'all, I am over it and will be taking the "old girl" to a dealer and will have them go over it with a microscope and fix or replace everything needin' fixin' or replacin'. Even if they soak me for a bundle, it will be a much smaller bundle than the cost of a new Mule.

And, thanks to all you other UTV owners for not muddying the waters, I appreciate that.