Polaris Magnum 325 4 wheeler. 4x4

/ Polaris Magnum 325 4 wheeler. 4x4
OK I am getting closer. Computer frozen, etc so I rebooted then it hit me someone must to have been streaming video. :)

Last edited:
Still trying.

Well I lost the photos and will try again.

/ Polaris Magnum 325 4 wheeler. 4x4 #54  
OK I am getting closer. Computer frozen, etc so I rebooted then it hit me someone must to have been streaming video. :)

There is not a lot to see at this point

View attachment 336274
Rear shot.

View attachment 336275
Left side view.

View attachment 336291
Right side view.

View attachment 336292
Exhaust and new oil lines.

View attachment 336293
Barebones.
Thanks for the pictures, I got to see them before you removed the personal ones. Unfortunately these aren't working.

Really neat that you have an onboard battery charger! :laughing:
Polaris and Frankfort 018.jpg

I see that you are still trying, good luck! :D

Polaris and Frankfort 015.jpg
We had to replace the thermistor in the oil cooler that turns on the fan at 260F and cleaned up the fan and all when we had the cooler off

Polaris and Frankfort 014.jpg
This shot shows then new red oil lines from Mexico, the new shift boot cover and while it was off we cleaned and filled with new motor oil. You can see the replaced painted exhaust system and the half circle you see is the cat food lid the son found to patch the hole in the bracket that sets on the rubber bumper that we coated with aluminum foil tape.

Polaris and Frankfort 013.jpg
Right side

Polaris and Frankfort 016.jpg
Left side

Polaris and Frankfort 017.jpg
Rear view.

Polaris and Frankfort 018.jpg
Bad shot

Polaris and Frankfort 014.jpgPolaris and Frankfort 013.jpgPolaris and Frankfort 016.jpgPolaris and Frankfort 017.jpgPolaris and Frankfort 018.jpg

Josh 325 Polaris right side.jpg

This 2002 Polaris 325 Magnum ATV popped up for sale on VCI (like Craigslist except for about 100 mile radius) yesterday we bought it for parts/project ATV today. I knew the guy when his dad moved into the area like 25 years ago and he has moved about 20 miles away. The bike has never been trail riding and was used on the chicken farm. There is a very good ATV shop two miles down the road so he was driving it over to the shop and blew an oil line and pumped it dry and shut it off and the shop owner pulled it to the shop. He started it today for a couple seconds and it sounded OK but he and the shop owner stated it would knock and bog if it was shifted into gear and given gas.

It has set out all of its life and the sun over the years shows but it is not too bad. The metal and under side look new like as it has not been in creeks, mud, etc. Not sure when we will pull the engine and tear into it. It was just very nice and hated to no get it since it is clean and a full twin in all features to our 2002 except it is gray where ours is green. The odds of finding that 20 miles down the road of $500 would be low if you really needed it. It should make a nice project for me and the 16 year old son. The owner of the repair shop will do any machine work needed and said he would be glad to check ring and piston gaping before we put it back together and advice on where to just go with main/rod bears or total new crank when we show him what we found. He knows the ATV and that is it a shop project for the son. If we can get away with new bearings and rings we may just do that now to keep down expenses. If that does not hold up we could rebuild with new parts later. The second time the skills level should be higher too.

The son has ridden the first one we got some this week curing the exhaust paint so it does not smoke. After the bad storms tonight past summer is to be over as no more 80's are forecast for 2013 so maybe we will get started back with the skin if we do not decide to rebuild the carb.

One nice thing about getting the twin to it now we can figure out how things go back together after the parts have been scattered for five months. :)

Well I started to wash up the Polaris that we bought yesterday and noticed it had different oil lines, radiator and oil pump base. Looking at the label on the engine I noticed it was a Robin make in the USA and the first one has a Fuji made in Japan. I was concerned until I read the following:

Robin (a subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries, which is the owner of Subaru) develops and supplies all-terrain vehicle (ATV) and snowmobile engines for U.S.-based leisure equipment maker Polaris Industries Inc.

I did not know Polaris got out of the snowmobile market or that they moved their production from USA to Mexico in 2010 to save $30 million a year in wages.