John Deere 550 gator

/ John Deere 550 gator #1  

Buppies

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240 EX mark 60 in 29 hp Toro 60inch Z Master 21 inch walk behind Polaris 900 hunter edition 30in toro walk behind
We have owned a 550 since January of this year. Rails on rear bed rusted but replaced by dealer. Parking brake has broken three times locks up and won't release at dealer now. Dealer says it is our fault that we are putting it on to hard. The last time it was fixed only lasted one day. This machine is a life saver for us in keeping up flowers and shrubs but with this problem and the hard to shift from reverse to forward I wonder how long it will last machine has 32 hours on it now. Do others have these problems?

/ John Deere 550 gator #2  
We have owned a 550 since January of this year. Rails on rear bed rusted but replaced by dealer. Parking brake has broken three times locks up and won't release at dealer now. Dealer says it is our fault that we are putting it on to hard. The last time it was fixed only lasted one day. This machine is a life saver for us in keeping up flowers and shrubs but with this problem and the hard to shift from reverse to forward I wonder how long it will last machine has 32 hours on it now. Do others have these problems?

My cousin got one and had nothing but problems. He took it to the dealership several times and it wasn't. Finally had to put a new engine to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ John Deere 550 gator #3  
Maybe your tractor wanted a RTV 500 as a garage mate and it is sabotaging the Gator.

/ John Deere 550 gator
Maybe DT86 you are correct

/ John Deere 550 gator
Dealer called said new emergency brake installed but it as our fault by putting it on to hard. This system is flawed from the get go but we shall see how long it lasts this time. Since we are not the only ones having this problem as well as hard to get out of forward or reverse

/ John Deere 550 gator #6  
Who is your dealer?

/ John Deere 550 gator #7  
Maybe your tractor wanted a RTV 500 as a garage mate and it is sabotaging the Gator.

Sad part is the RTV 500 would have likely rusted in that length of time too.....I've got no idea what manufacturers are using for paint now but my RTV 500 had all the paint fall off the bed's headboard in no time....it fell off in sheets with rust under it. No way that should have ever happened.

Buppies it sucks to hear you're having so many problems, the 550 looks like a nice unit too....hopefully they get the issues fixed and you don't have anymore.

/ John Deere 550 gator
New parking brake installed waiting for us to pick up machine. Have my doubts

/ John Deere 550 gator #9  
At least it came with a parking brake, my Ranger doesn't have one. So far it's been ok but I hate having to push up on the shifter so hard taking it out of park when on a hill.

New parking brake installed waiting for us to pick up machine. Have my doubts

I would too if they used the same part numbers.

/ John Deere 550 gator
I haven't picked it up yet supposed to be new and improved