Price Check - Kawasaki Mule 610

/ Price Check - Kawasaki Mule 610 #1  

lantxinNETX

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035 HST, Bradco 485 Backhoe
One of my wife's co-workers has a 2006 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 that they are wanting to sell. (They are going to buy something bigger.) I don't know how many hours are on it.

They apparently asked the Polaris dealer they are buying from what their Mule would be worth in a private sale. They gave me a price of $4700. Which seems a little high compared to the $3200 to $4200 range quoted on the NADA site. (Their unit does have a windshield and a top - not sure if NADA includes those in the price.)

The unit appears to be in great condition. It has been garage kept for its entire life. I know the owners are very meticulous about taking care of their equipment.

Any feedback on the price would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Martin

/ Price Check - Kawasaki Mule 610 #2  
That unit would be around $7200 new, and the roof and windshield are about $400. I don't know about the value of a used one, but in my area, decent used UTV's are nearly impossible to find.

Will

/ Price Check - Kawasaki Mule 610 #3  
I sold my 2006 610 last year. It had a roof, Rhino lined bed, 210 hours, garage kept and mint condition. I did all services myself (BTW I still have the shop manual if you buy one). I listed it on Craigslist for $4,200 and got a call that afternoon saying he'd take it just by my description. I'm sure I could have gotten more because subsequent callers told me so.

I'd say $4,500-$4,700 would be fair if it is indeed "mint" condition and has low hours (under 200). The 610 is a nice little UTV and better than the Ranger 500 I replaced it with in some ways.

/ Price Check - Kawasaki Mule 610 #4  
I picked up a 2007 610 in June from my neighbor. Stock w/factory plastic roof.
90 hours. Always garaged. Only issue was a small tear in the seat. She used it to putt around her property and pull a small drag.
It even came with a garden trailer. :thumbsup:

$3500

But truth be told, this isn't your average deal, and I know I got it for a GREAT price. For anyone else but me, she was asking $4500. If it's in that good of shape, it's probably worth it.

NV

As a side note, this purchase was a good teaching moment for my son. What lesson did we learn here? Never, EVER, ask for and be sure to refuse, any type of compensation when removing snow or doing other small tasks for your 70+ Y/O neighbor. :D