John Deere 2014 new UTV's vs Kubota ???

/ John Deere 2014 new UTV's vs Kubota ??? #11  
How does anybody "save" money with a diesel "go kart"? For the little bit of fuel they use and the extra cost. Sure the diesel sounds cool but the price isn't worth it.

/ John Deere 2014 new UTV's vs Kubota ??? #12  
thanks roy, sorry for the double post. I am going to look into the V plow.

No problem...I thought I had lost my mind there for a minute...

/ John Deere 2014 new UTV's vs Kubota ??? #13  
How does anybody "save" money with a diesel "go kart"? For the little bit of fuel they use and the extra cost. Sure the diesel sounds cool but the price isn't worth it.

You're looking at it as a toy ("go cart"). Quite a few of us use our UTVs as tools and the fuel economy aspect is important.
Also, I just prefer a diesel over gas...I'd have a diesel pick up if I could afford it.

/ John Deere 2014 new UTV's vs Kubota ??? #14  
I won't argue with you on the fuel issue Roy, the 825i is a gas pig. The rumor at my JD dealer was discontinuation of the diesel gator from lack of sales, but it is just rumor.

It's not a fuel sipper but I'm not sure I'd call it a gas pig either.....I've gone on several long trail rides with my 825i and it seems to get in the 17-20 mpg range which isn't terrible....it's certainly not diesel fuel economy or RTV 500 range mpg but it's still not bad when you're getting that in mud....over rocks....through trails and at high rpm. I've ranged from mud to the floor to 45 mph speed limiter bouncing where my Gator constantly goes from 44 to 45 and back to 44 mph for extended periods and I never worried about running out of fuel during a ride.

/ John Deere 2014 new UTV's vs Kubota ??? #15  
It's not a fuel sipper but I'm not sure I'd call it a gas pig either.....I've gone on several long trail rides with my 825i and it seems to get in the 17-20 mpg range which isn't terrible....it's certainly not diesel fuel economy or RTV 500 range mpg but it's still not bad when you're getting that in mud....over rocks....through trails and at high rpm. I've ranged from mud to the floor to 45 mph speed limiter bouncing where my Gator constantly goes from 44 to 45 and back to 44 mph for extended periods and I never worried about running out of fuel during a ride.
Ive never done a mpg test but I would bet it gets no better than 10 mpg if its lucky.

/ John Deere 2014 new UTV's vs Kubota ??? #16  
Originally Posted by DIXIEDOG

Ive never done a mpg test but I would bet it gets no better than 10 mpg if its lucky.

I'll wager you're both right...it'll depend on how you operate your 825i.

Haven't checked the MPG on my 855D...but with 30 hours, I've topped it off once (just about 1.5 gallons after fueling my tractor).

/ John Deere 2014 new UTV's vs Kubota ??? #17  
I haven't got a clue what the mpg would be but both the gator diesel I had and the Kubota rtv I have now burn a liter/hr. Darned efficient in my books.:thumbsup:

/ John Deere 2014 new UTV's vs Kubota ??? #18  

I'm sure it does better than that because I've put over 90 miles on mine in a single trip with no additional fuel.....my 825i is a 2012 so I have the smaller 5.3 gallon tank and I didn't run out of fuel or add any until I was through my trip and I didn't start with a topped off tank. When I'm using it to just plow snow I'm sure your under 10 mpg figure could be right but general use it gets quite a bit better than that.