If buying new what would You Buy

/ If buying new what would You Buy #31  
:eek:

Sounds like you are more into racing rather than enjoying the trail. Wanting more than 70mph on a trail? That's crazy! You remind me of the teen kid on a dirt bike trail up in Wayne NF. Came around a curve fast and dumped the bike to avoid me, he wasn't expecting anyone else on the trail. Twisted his ankle and minor damage to the bike. His dad arrived and said "I keep telling him to slow down but he won't listen."

It reminds me of this kid that had one of them tall mighty Brute Forces with tons of suspension, following me on my little Honda Rubicon 500 along a steep side slope trail repairing a fence line. I heard this ruckus and looked back to see the super unstable mighty beast rolling down the slope. Glad I was carrying the posts and barbed wire.

/ If buying new what would You Buy #32  
It reminds me of this kid that had one of them tall mighty Brute Forces with tons of suspension, following me on my little Honda Rubicon 500 along a steep side slope trail repairing a fence line. I heard this ruckus and looked back to see the super unstable mighty beast rolling down the slope. Glad I was carrying the posts and barbed wire.
A good set of aftermarket shocks on the Brutes have sag and lowers the machine a couple inches. And the suspension works SO much better I couldn't believe the difference in ride and stability.
In addition to the aftermarket shocks and the machine setting lower, mine has also been widened by 4". Stable as any ATV I have ever ridden

Last edited:
   / If buying new what would You Buy #33  
If you want a REAL work horse buy the Kubota RTV 900 or 1100,it will haul a chitload and plow snow all day long.If you want a rice burner to tear up and down trails,valleys and will not really haul to much buy something different than the Kubota RTV.

/ If buying new what would You Buy #34  
If you want a REAL work horse buy the Kubota RTV 900 or 1100,it will haul a chitload and plow snow all day long.If you want a rice burner to tear up and down trails,valleys and will not really haul to much buy something different than the Kubota RTV.
That's the point a few of us here have been trying get across all along

/ If buying new what would You Buy #36  
   / If buying new what would You Buy #37  

Or if you want a truly good machine that works well for both which if I recall the OP said he wanted you can get a Gator or Polaris Ranger and not have to compromise. If you want a BX tractor with a small dump bed then buy the RTV and watch everyone else have fun trail riding after all their chores are done. They will haul a chitload and plow snow all day long as well but they will do something a Kubota won't.....go over 35 mph.

/ If buying new what would You Buy #38  
Or if you want a truly good machine that works well for both which if I recall the OP said he wanted you can get a Gator or Polaris Ranger and not have to compromise. If you want a BX tractor with a small dump bed then buy the RTV and watch everyone else have fun trail riding after all their chores are done. They will haul a chitload and plow snow all day long as well but they will do something a Kubota won't.....go over 35 mph.
OH boy I get to watch everyone else trail ride and have fun after all of there chores are done to funny.So you are telling me and the orginal OP a ranger,honda,JD, will haul just as much as the Kubota RTV 900 & 1100?Post your specs?I guess your opinion is like the tortoise and hare theory?EDIT,I thought the orginal OP stated in post#12 he was interested in HONDA or POLARIS.I did not see any mention of JD GATOR?

Last edited:
   / If buying new what would You Buy #39  
DIXIEDOG;3539194...but they will do something a Kubota won't.....go over 35 mph.[/QUOTE said:
Well...then don't buy a Deere 855D. They top out at 32 MPH....

/ If buying new what would You Buy #40  
OH boy I get to watch everyone else trail ride and have fun after all of there chores are done,to funny.So you are telling me and the OP a ranger,honda,JD, will haul just as much as the Kubota RTV 900 & 1100?Post your specs?I guess your opinion is like the tortoise and hare theory?EDIT,I thought the orginal OP stated in post#12 he was interested in HONDA or POLARIS.I did not see any mention of JD GATOR?

So how often do you load your bed to full capacity? I'm not sure what the RTV's are rated for but I know my Gator is rated at 1K....I've loaded it with concrete bags, fence posts, fence, chainsaws, firewood, post diggers and various other junk since I've had to haul around fence lines and it's yet to struggle with anything so far. I've seen a lot of pictures of RTV's that were "loaded heavy" but it is usually firewood that would be lucky to weigh 300 lbs.

The competitors can even do it uphill at more than a snails pace.:shocked: