Kubota vs Ranger

/ Kubota vs Ranger #1  

kubes14060

Tractor
John Deere
I'm still on the fence between a Kubota RTV 500 and Polaris Ranger. Can someone answer me a question??

How can both the Kubota and Polaris have 500 cc engines but have so much difference in horsepower??

The old Polaris Ranger 500 had almost 30 HP (the new 570 engine has a reported 40 HP) yet the Kubota 500 engine gives an advertised 15.8 HP?

How come so much difference?? I guess I just don't want to buy something that's underpowered??

/ Kubota vs Ranger #2  
Look at the Honda pioneer 700, you get a lot more bang for your buck. You get a gear drive transmission and it's about 3,000 less than the others.

/ Kubota vs Ranger
I looked at the Pioneer. I like the smaller size of the RTV 500 and the Ranger. The Pioneer is about 4 inches wider which does make a little difference?? Pioneer has a much wider turning radius too. I'm sure there are plusses to it however!!

The cost is about the same. The Ranger and the Kubota seem to MSRP at around 9,999

/ Kubota vs Ranger #4  
Ok I thought that the Honda was a little cheaper. Don't know much about the kubota but a big turn on for me with the honda over the ranger is gears vs belt. Does kubota have irs? Because that would also be something to look at. 60" I think is a good trade off between an atv and the bigger sxs.

/ Kubota vs Ranger #5  
The Kubota machines are more of a work machine. Look at the frames and the suspension parts used. Many of the side by sides are for low end work more built for just carrying people and for less hours of use.
We don't know about the 500's longevity but we do know about the 900's with thousands of hours on them and the 500 also runs a hydro not a belt drive system as on snowmobiles.

/ Kubota vs Ranger
The Kubota machines are more of a work machine. Look at the frames and the suspension parts used. Many of the side by sides are for low end work more built for just carrying people and for less hours of use.
We don't know about the 500's longevity but we do know about the 900's with thousands of hours on them and the 500 also runs a hydro not a belt drive system as on snowmobiles.

So is that a vote for or against the Kubota??

/ Kubota vs Ranger #7  
We have had a 2011 Ranger 400 H.O. for a couple years now and it has done every thing we have asked of it. I think it's around 28 hp and will go 44 mph on the road. We get 21-23 mpg and it has good gearing in low range if you need to pull anything heavy.
The ranger 400 H.O. is carbureted versus the 500 with throttle body injection. I like the simplicity of a carb and there is very little power difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqvB83KwxGg&feature=youtube_gdata

/ Kubota vs Ranger #8  
The Kubota RTV500 demonstrates its tractor heritage.

Kubota has an unequaled reputation for the HST transmission in its tractors; you get a scaled down, relatively expensive, dual range HST in the RTV500, 4-WD on demand and differential lock on demand.

The RTV500 excels as a work vehicle.

RTV500 will fit in the bed of a full sized pickup, should you want to go hunting or sightsee on trails in the mountains.

If 25mph is fast enough, go for the RTV500. If max speed of 44mph is important to your needs, go for the Ranger.

I am old. An accident at 44mph in either vehicle would be catastrophic to occupants.

Product research is time well spent.

Attachments

• DSC00107.jpg
    DSC00107.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 797
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 427
  • DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 760
  • DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 697
Last edited:
   / Kubota vs Ranger #9  
The way the Kubota RTV 500 is built 15,8 HP it is NOT underpowered..

/ Kubota vs Ranger #10  
ishhhh, I was hoping to see a Kubota drag a Ford Ranger around the yard when I clicked this thread!