Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere

Default Kubota vs Ranger

I'm still on the fence between a kubota RTV 500 and Polaris Ranger. Can someone answer me a question??

How can both the Kubota and Polaris have 500 cc engines but have so much difference in horsepower??

The old Polaris Ranger 500 had almost 30 HP (the new 570 engine has a reported 40 HP) yet the Kubota 500 engine gives an advertised 15.8 HP?

How come so much difference?? I guess I just don't want to buy something that's underpowered??

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    nothing yet

Look at the Honda pioneer 700, you get a lot more bang for your buck. You get a gear drive transmission and it's about 3,000 less than the others.

Tractor
    John Deere

Default Re: Kubota vs Ranger

I looked at the Pioneer. I like the smaller size of the RTV 500 and the Ranger. The Pioneer is about 4 inches wider which does make a little difference?? Pioneer has a much wider turning radius too. I'm sure there are plusses to it however!!

The cost is about the same. The Ranger and the kubota seem to MSRP at around 9,999

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    nothing yet

Ok I thought that the Honda was a little cheaper. Don't know much about the kubota but a big turn on for me with the honda over the ranger is gears vs belt. Does kubota have irs? Because that would also be something to look at. 60" I think is a good trade off between an atv and the bigger sxs.

art
    Tractor
    all makes and models

The kubota machines are more of a work machine. Look at the frames and the suspension parts used. Many of the side by sides are for low end work more built for just carrying people and for less hours of use.
    We don't know about the 500's longevity but we do know about the 900's with thousands of hours on them and the 500 also runs a hydro not a belt drive system as on snowmobiles.

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    The kubota machines are more of a work machine. Look at the frames and the suspension parts used. Many of the side by sides are for low end work more built for just carrying people and for less hours of use.
    We don't know about the 500's longevity but we do know about the 900's with thousands of hours on them and the 500 also runs a hydro not a belt drive system as on snowmobiles.
    So is that a vote for or against the Kubota??

HHR
    Tractor
    1997 Daewoo Dsl 801

We have had a 2011 Ranger 400 H.O. for a couple years now and it has done every thing we have asked of it. I think it's around 28 hp and will go 44 mph on the road. We get 21-23 mpg and it has good gearing in low range if you need to pull anything heavy.
    The ranger 400 H.O. is carbureted versus the 500 with throttle body injection. I like the simplicity of a carb and there is very little power difference.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqvB...=youtube_gdata

Veteran Member
    Fanning Springs, Gilchirst County, North-Central Florida
    Tractor
    Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST 37-hp / 5,400 pounds

The kubota RTV500 demonstrates its tractor heritage.

Kubota has an unequaled reputation for the HST transmission in its tractors; you get a scaled down, relatively expensive, dual range HST in the RTV500, 4-WD on demand and differential lock on demand.

The RTV500 excels as a work vehicle.

RTV500 will fit in the bed of a full sized pickup, should you want to go hunting or sightsee on trails in the mountains.

If 25mph is fast enough, go for the RTV500. If max speed of 44mph is important to your needs, go for the Ranger.

I am old. An accident at 44mph in either vehicle would be catastrophic to occupants.

Product research is time well spent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kubota vs Ranger-dsc00107.jpg   Kubota vs Ranger-img_0486.jpg   Kubota vs Ranger-img_0438.jpg   Kubota vs Ranger-dsc00024.jpg   Kubota vs Ranger-dsc00026.jpg  

Kubota vs Ranger-img_0412.jpg   Kubota vs Ranger-img_0388.jpg   Kubota vs Ranger-img_0377.jpg  
    Last edited by jeff9366; 11-26-2013 at 11:39 AM.
    The word tractor was taken from Medieval Latin, being the agent noun of trahere "to pull, draw".

Tractor
    BX2660 L3200F RTV 500

The way the kubota RTV 500 is built 15,8 HP it is NOT underpowered..

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

ishhhh, I was hoping to see a kubota drag a Ford Ranger around the yard when I clicked this thread!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast