Which Tire is best for a Mule Ransport

/ Which Tire is best for a Mule Ransport #1  

kneedeep

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510 & 8560
Which Tire is best for a Mule Tansport

My 3010 Mule transport just does not work in mud with OEM tires.:(
I am looking at the Essex 27" Surefoot with lift kit and the Silverback 26" with a lift as well. Wheels mounted to steel rims so OEM can be used in summer months.

Both shipped to my zip code are under $1000 so the money is not a factor :moneybag:

I would like some opinions of anyone having these tires or a comparable aggressive tire on a UTV in mud (not mud riding, just hunting in the stuff)

HELP!!!!!!:anyone:

Gorilla_Silverback.jpg Silverback
27_on_rtv.jpg Surefoot

Last edited:
   / Which Tire is best for a Mule Ransport
Re: Which Tire is best for a Mule Tansport

Hard to believe with almost a 100 views that NO one has a opinion on mud tires!!

Just asking fellow TBNers for their opinion!!

/ Which Tire is best for a Mule Ransport #3  

Hard to believe with almost a 100 views that NO one has a opinion on mud tires!!

Just asking fellow TBNers for their opinion!!
Yep, had the same problem with my tire question thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/atvs-utility-vehicles/295181-anyone-using-gbc-gator-tires.html

I bought the Interco Interforce 27-7.5-14 tires, because I wanted a R1 tread that would not throw gravel off the driveway.

Haven't been in the mud yet.

I decided to find out how much drawbar pull the EV has. I hooked the crane scales to what was left of a small tree at the edge of the pond. The beavers had chewed through it many years ago, but it was still growing.

As I started pulling in turf mode, I could feel the left rear tire slip, then the right rear slip. I switched to AWD and the chain tightened again, but even though the the wheels were spinning a little, I was moving forward. I stopped, got out and took a picture.

The tree roots were coming out of the ground! :eek:

This is the surface that I was on.

I went ahead and pulled it all the way out. :thumbsup:

If anyone asks me "how much can it pull?", for now I will say "enough"

Let us know what you end up with.

Just placed order for the Essex and Lift kit- should arrive in 2-3 days. Essex also makes a Steering assist for the Mule.

/ Which Tire is best for a Mule Ransport #5  

Purchased a set (4) of Maxxis Bighorns at the advice of many on the Polaris Ranger Forum. After having been in a foot of snow and deep mud I have to say it was good advice.

Got the 27" Surefoots few days ago! After the Xmas doings are done, need to replace the battery and install lift kit. Replacing the motorcycle 12v with a full size battery. Just need to move some fuses and relays around, lengthen the winch power cables and hook it all up.

Surefoots.jpg

/ Which Tire is best for a Mule Ransport #7  
Re: Which Tire is best for a Mule Transport

Sounds good, need pictures. :D

Got the battery changed out and hooked up. Got left side lifted. It actually went quickly after I figured it out. I used a strut compression tool from Harbor Freight to get the strut back together. The directions were not detailed enough but did show enough to get it done.
I will get more detailed pics of the right side now that I know what I'm doing! :wrench:

Lifting.jpg