New RTV-X1100C with plow setup.

/ New RTV-X1100C with plow setup. #21  
Great looking machine. My wife and I want to get a camo model one day.

/ New RTV-X1100C with plow setup. #22  
I bought the x900 a month ago, really like it. Ordered it with the heavy front springs and struts, so i am ready for a plow. Jbota could tell us what a plow like yours cost. Rough estimate if you don't want to provide your price you received.

Thanks

/ New RTV-X1100C with plow setup. #23  
I purchased a Boss V plow for my 1100C, with the "smart Hitch option", it was $3635 installed.

/ New RTV-X1100C with plow setup. #24  
NTB, how did you like the Boss V plow, found a demo model for 3100.00, don't know about the smart hitch option though. I have a b2620 I use for snow now, but as I get older I don't care to fight the snow as much. So sometime soon I would like to purchase a plow for mine. Don't have the doors or back yet either, but I did buy the top and windshield that are for cabs.

/ New RTV-X1100C with plow setup. #25  
NTB, how did you like the Boss V plow, found a demo model for 3100.00, don't know about the smart hitch option though. I have a b2620 I use for snow now, but as I get older I don't care to fight the snow as much. So sometime soon I would like to purchase a plow for mine. Don't have the doors or back yet either, but I did buy the top and windshield that are for cabs.

I haven't used it yet, the weather turned good as soon as i bought it. I also have a 900 with a Blizzard straight blade. It got a pretty good work out last winter. The Blizzard straight blade worked fine up to about 18" of wet snow. photo22.jpgphoto23.jpg

/ New RTV-X1100C with plow setup.
That plow setup was right at $3k and to be honest after using it i would go with either the heavier Kubota blade or buy like an Eagle plow or something similar. It was a decent plow but it to me it seemed light duty for the money. The self contained hydraulic system on it was very slick though. But sliding that thing in and back out of the front receiver was a pain at times.
I bought the x900 a month ago, really like it. Ordered it with the heavy front springs and struts, so i am ready for a plow. Jbota could tell us what a plow like yours cost. Rough estimate if you don't want to provide your price you received.

Thanks

/ New RTV-X1100C with plow setup. #27  
Jbota and NTB thanks for the info. Been talking to the wife about getting the snow blade, probably will go with the boss V-plow (once she approves), on the kubota blade I would have to add the hydraulics also. Currently I just clear my drive and my neighbor's drive ( they are 96 and 98 years old, no family close by). Could clear the road next to me but the neighbors both have tractors and they never attempt to clear the road themselves even though they live on it. But I could see clearing it just to have something to do during the winter. Thanks again for the information

/ New RTV-X1100C with plow setup. #28  
New on here looking for tech info. I have a 2015 kubota x1100c camo. It's my third 1100 since I totalled my first. Anyhow I ordered a boss snow plow. Should get it next week. I was just wanting to know if anyone had installed one or has any tips on the installation since me and my son will be installing it.
I live in north eastern Ky so I may not even get to use it until next winter. Still yet though we are excited to get one.

/ New RTV-X1100C with plow setup. #29  
Well I bit the bullet and bought one of the new RTV-X1100 models in orange. I have wanted an 1100 for awhile after being spoiled by a Mule 610 with a heated soft cab and plow. This thing is just plain awesome.......I opted for the ATV tires....stereo...rear screen...spray in liner and a Meyer hydraulic home plow. I am waiting on the front and rear work lights...visors...side mirrors...and turn signal kit.
It runs out great and you can run it in high gear all day long. The cab is super tight and the new setup is very cool. Only issue I have is seeing the radio display because its not tilted down towards you enough. I still think they could have shortened the cab height some but you dont bang your head getting in and out like i did with my Mule at times. Alot less vibration overall compared to the older versions of the 900s and 1100s I have tried.
Maybe Im picky but a few extra lights around the steering column at night would be nice so you could see the shifter selection and light controls.
I did have some trouble getting it to shift while on a hillside on the first day I had it but the dealer came out and adjusted the relief valve that works when you push the brakes and no more problems shifting. He said they have had to adjust a few like this they have sold.

We're getting our rtv-x1100c next week with the Boss V-Plow coming in with the dealers fall order, how do you like the ATV tires? Are you running chains on the back tires during the winter?

/ New RTV-X1100C with plow setup. #30  
Are the springs that come on the front end of the RTV-X1100C the heaviest duty you can get or is there a heavier duty set you need with the Boss plow?

Last edited: