Need your opinion on this 6 wheel Polaris Ranger???

/ Need your opinion on this 6 wheel Polaris Ranger??? #1  

pharmvet

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 7710 II FWA, NH TB110 FWA w/ NH 46LB loader, JD 5303 2wd w/ loader

I have an opportunity to purchase this 2004 6 wheel Polaris ranger. it has a 500cc engine and a carburetor. It has 166 hours on it it has a windshield roof and back glass owner says it is in excellent condition it is priced at $4500
Is this a good price and will this machine have adequate power?? Pros and cons wanted. What's it worth ??

/ Need your opinion on this 6 wheel Polaris Ranger??? #3  
I just bought one very much like it but mine is the 2004 2X4 TM model for $4200. I would say from looking at it and given the low hours, it is a good deal. The rubber and body look good. The windshield and roof add a lot of cost if you purchase them yourself. The upholstery looks good from here. 500cc's isn't gigantic but if you are not looking to spin all the wheels climbing up steep hills, it will do the job. There is a little more information on my website on this model year if interested. Polaris Ranger TM

Service and parts manuals are available for free.

/ Need your opinion on this 6 wheel Polaris Ranger??? #4  
troutsqueezer, your web site is SUPER nice with writeups, photos, etc....somebody's truly enjoying life after Intel!

/ Need your opinion on this 6 wheel Polaris Ranger??? #5  
troutsqueezer, your web site is SUPER nice with writeups, photos, etc....somebody's truly enjoying life after Intel!

Thank you sir, appreciate that. It's what you can do when you have some time to relax and let your fingers do the walking.

/ Need your opinion on this 6 wheel Polaris Ranger??? #6  
I just bought one very much like it but mine is the 2004 2X4 TM model for $4200. I would say from looking at it and given the low hours, it is a good deal. The rubber and body look good. The windshield and roof add a lot of cost if you purchase them yourself. The upholstery looks good from here. 500cc's isn't gigantic but if you are not looking to spin all the wheels climbing up steep hills, it will do the job. There is a little more information on my website on this model year if interested. Polaris Ranger TM

Service and parts manuals are available for free.

Where do you find the free service and parts manuals?

/ Need your opinion on this 6 wheel Polaris Ranger??? #8  
thanks Sir

/ Need your opinion on this 6 wheel Polaris Ranger??? #9  
The only downside to the 6X6 has been their poor interaction with lawns. Everybody I know who has used one commented on how the back wheels tear up turf as they resist turning on smooth, soft surfaces. They all loved the 6X6 off-road, though.

I managed to get one royally stuck in a dealer's parking lot while he watched in amazement. The early ones don't have a lot of ground clearance under the back axles. It wasn't hard to belly-hang it in deep snow.

I'd go with a similarly-equipped 4X4 of the same vintage and equipment.

/ Need your opinion on this 6 wheel Polaris Ranger??? #10  
Price sounds very cheap for and something you should jump on before somebody else does. The brother in law of a girl I dated had one of those that we went duck hunting in and just riding around her families land in Arkansas. It wasn't the fastest thing out there, but it sure could go through the mud!!! He added some seats to the bed that where nice for riding around and hauling everyone. With everything flooded out, and sometimes water coming in over the floorboards, it just kept going through some really slimy mud that was difficult to walk through in waders.

2837.JPG

Eddie