home-made cargo lift for Gator XUV?

/ home-made cargo lift for Gator XUV? #1  

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
Has anyone made a cargo box lifter for an XUV? Thinking maybe a linear actuator could work. JD wants about $900 for their kit.

/ home-made cargo lift for Gator XUV? #2  
I'd love one for my Kubota RTV....btw, just saw your vehicle list.... a Unimog???? Those vehicles are amazing and its on my bucket list to drive if not own one at some point in my life..... now that is the ultimate UTV..... love to see photos....

/ home-made cargo lift for Gator XUV?
I just bit the bullet and ordered a bed lift kit from JD. I should have done it years ago. And yes, running a mog is about as much fun as I expected. Been interested in them since I was a teenager. Now I spend most of the winter anxiously waiting for the next big storm so that I can run the mog. We get a lot of drifting, so I have an array of tools to deal with that. The key thing is not to build up large berms, which only cause more drifting, that's how I justified buying the mog. (Plus it was cheap, and I have a friend who has several and he helps me out on the mechanicals.) My rig is old but in very good condition. Here is a link to a youtube:

/ home-made cargo lift for Gator XUV?
And a photo:
0225121228a_0001.JPG