6x4 gator , STEEP hills, roll overs? dual wheels and leg room?

/ 6x4 gator , STEEP hills, roll overs? dual wheels and leg room? #11  
Dang, it is a little hard to tell from the photo but judging by the angle of the trees, that is quite steep. Any idea on what degree slope it is? You had driven across that before the flat tires, no problem?

/ 6x4 gator , STEEP hills, roll overs? dual wheels and leg room? #12  
Hi Bandit,
Just drove my 2005 6x4 today for the first time. Like you I have steep ground down here in Tassie and thought the 6x4 was the safest option. Your experience has me thinking again. I started down a sleep slope and the drive belt slipped and the gator essentially freewheeled and picked up speed until pulled handbrake on but took me by surprise. I don't have ROPs so I am now thinking it was a bad decision to get the 6x4. I think she needs a bit of work as the drive belt is very loose and drive chains a little slack on one side. Hope you made a full recovery.

/ 6x4 gator , STEEP hills, roll overs? dual wheels and leg room?
Im fine. No thats how the clutch works. I drive down hill with my hand on the handbrake. Its by far the best on slopes. My accident happened bc i actually wasnt going fast enuff and there was a hollow/depression on the slope. If i was going faster it wld have just pushed thru. When in doubt floor it. Problem is there is no rops for the gator. I bought that canopy and it actually worked stopping it rolling but its not a true rops. Im pretty careful now. I just use it on safe areas, only going straight up and down. Its a solid workhorse. So good for getting firewood, fencing and i harrow with it.

Some slopes if you give it a little throttle down hill the clutch stays ingaged. Just as easy to use handbrake so u dont have to move yr foot off the accelerator to brake. Tip: Always spray chain oil on yr chains and check tightness on chains. There is a video out there how to tighten chains on YouTube very simple.

pretty steep. Yep driven down there heaps. I dont go down there sideways just up and down.

/ 6x4 gator , STEEP hills, roll overs? dual wheels and leg room? #16  
The tyre indicators are a good piece of advice. Yeh fencing, firewood and gravel in potholes is my plan. I was thinking about harrows so good to know it can be done. How big are the harrows and how heavy? I was also thinking of a motor driven slasher.
Do you have trouble getting parts?

Its not a heavy harrow. Not sure on weight, I bought cheapest one on ebay. Its struggles up hill with harrow, so i tend to harrow the peaks only. Mines diesel btw. Parts are expensive i get mine from glenmac similar prices from huntgreen. When you get out put it in neutral so it doesn't put pressure on belt and clutch. I did my clutch very expensive! Over $700. Ive replaced 1 drive chain, muffler, clutch, numerous clutch belts, air filter, fuel filter. The drive chain broke when a log flipped up underneath pretty rare.