Kubota L3130 JDX700

Default Polaris 325 Magnum likes to leak

I have a 2000 Polaris Magnum 325 and it has a goofy little fitting on the bottom of the fuel tank that likes to loosen and leak. I spoke to the dealer and they just said use pipe dope and seal her up. I used teflon tape and that held for a while. Leaks again and again and again. No more info from the dealer. Called the Polaris tech line and they would not offer any help for liability reasons they said to take it to the dealer. I am not going to pay someone 45 per hour to use pipe dope on a fuel fitting. I think it is a poor design. A brass fitting into plastic threads on the tank and a hose barb on the other end. Oh by the way when it leaks it drips on the exhaust manifold......not cool. So far I have been able to catch it before it gets real bad and burns up my bike. Any suggestions or has any one else had the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

Athens Alabama
    Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger

Default Re: Polaris 325 Magnum likes to leak

I had a 1995 Polaris Sport 400 and the fuel shut off started leaking just before I sold it. I got ready to load it up and it wouldn't start. I realized it was out of fuel. So I put gas in it on the way to deliver it and when I got there, there was gas on the trailer from the leak. I think the guy fixed it with a small hose clamp.