RTV 500 brakes

/ RTV 500 brakes #1  
here lately when i get into my rtv what i though was maybe a rock or something dragging i now think are the brakes. is there an ajustment that i can look at or what could be the issue. i really dont use them often but kinda aggervating with the noise it is making at times. thanks

/ RTV 500 brakes #2  
I had something happen once a couple of years ago with ours. It started making strange sounds, not all the time, but often. It seemed kind of like a brake grinding sound sometimes, sometimes more of a brake squeal sound.

This had started happening abruptly, not like a gradual thing like the pads wearing down into the rotors. Like you, we don't really use the brakes much at all either, with the HST just not needed - other than we use the e-brake regularly. I thought perhaps the e-brake wasn't releasing all the way or something, but everything seemed to be working ok from what I could see.

Guess I'm making a short story long. It turned out, after a bunch of searching, that I discovered a small stone had somehow managed to drop into the space between the rotor and that plate-guard thing that wraps around the lower part of the rotor. I could just barely see it with a flashlight down there. I didn't want to start taking stuff apart, and was able to eventually fish it up and out.

Don't know how it managed to flip in there, and haven't ever had it happen since. Anyway, something you might want to look for...

/ RTV 500 brakes
finally got around to looking and see what was causing the noise from the brake area. just like above it was some small stones that i had gotten into brake rotor guard. i had a few stones in both sides that was causing this noise. has anybody build some type of guard to put over the top where the brakes are to prevent the rocks from entering, i would think it could be solid since it probably allow some air to flow but something that would stop the bigger rocks from getting in there to stop the bigger ones from getting in there that cant get out.