Kawasaki Prairie 360 belt adjustment

/ Kawasaki Prairie 360 belt adjustment #1  

Buggs67

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 2014 CK2510 TLB
Anyone have a Prairie 360 familiar with belt adjustment and is this something I can easily do w/out special tools. It's 30 min to the nearest Kawa dealer and it'd take 2 hr to drop it off and then pick it up not to mention gas. And that and an oil change is all it needs.

/ Kawasaki Prairie 360 belt adjustment
Thanks to you both. It looks like I could check the deflection myself, but if it requires re-shimming I might want to take it to the dealer. I don't ride this as much as I used too. My friends got old and/or had kids/got married and now I use it mostly for snowplowing. I miss the days of 10 hour rides in the snow with a break for a fire and roasted hot dogs.

/ Kawasaki Prairie 360 belt adjustment #5  
New belt and a clutch clean up might be in order given it's age.

EPI performance has great videos on putting clutch kits in that also helps to explain how they work and how they can be updated.

New belt and a clutch clean up might be in order given it's age.

EPI performance has great videos on putting clutch kits in that also helps to explain how they work and how they can be updated.

I'll check my manual. I don't want it to quit in the middle of the winter.

/ Kawasaki Prairie 360 belt adjustment #7  
I have a 1998 Prairie 400 with 3000miles and I plowed with it for several years and still has the original belt.

I have a 1998 Prairie 400 with 3000miles and I plowed with it for several years and still has the original belt.

My Prairie
Dog has been very Strong. He's a bit cold blooded and slow to warm up but he pulls and climbs like a youngster.

/ Kawasaki Prairie 360 belt adjustment #9  
I had to do the belt light reset on mine a couple years ago. Haven't touched it since. Still works great.

/ Kawasaki Prairie 360 belt adjustment #10  
installed a new belt in mine at 4000km. ever since then it squeaks when idling in gear. After lending it to my father for a winter to plow with now it revs up before it engages.

AAHHHHHHHHH