Tips/help for mounting Curtis 4208 snow plow on Kubota RTV900?

/ Tips/help for mounting Curtis 4208 snow plow on Kubota RTV900? #1  

buckthorn

Tractor
New Holland TC33D, John Deere x590, John Deere 325, Kubota RTV 900
We've had this plowing setup for about 4 years, and mounting this plow has always been a major pain. We always seem to get it really , really close, but something is always off by a tiny bit. It might be height, angle, or whatever. It's really frustrating. The connecting arms frequently get stuck. We've tried placing wood boards under the plow frame to raise it an inch or two, and it's still always close, but not close enough. There's got to be somewhere out there who knows the secret to getting this thing mounted the first time!

/ Tips/help for mounting Curtis 4208 snow plow on Kubota RTV900? #2  
I don't know how the Curtis mounts, but when I bought a SnoWay plow for my -X900 this year, one of the first things I did was make a dolly to hold it. Aside from letting me easily move the plow around to store it under the workbench, it makes it much easier to install and remove. I built in a stand for the end where it attaches to the RTV that keeps is just an inch or so below where it is when sitting in the cradle. The biggest help though is being able to easily shift the plow from side to side (and front/back) to get everything lined up. Basically, I don't have to try and line everything up perfectly, or muscle around the plow.

/ Tips/help for mounting Curtis 4208 snow plow on Kubota RTV900? #3  
If it is the type with the huge plate that fits into a slot on the hanger that is mounted on to the front bumper,

make absolutley sure there is nothing stuck in the hanger where the plate mounts into.

The smallest bit of ice or dirt will hold it out so that you can lock one side and not the other.

That was the only thing I found on my old one back in 2008 on a RTV900.

Otherwise, is something bent?

Mine went together fairly easily.

Good luck.

/ Tips/help for mounting Curtis 4208 snow plow on Kubota RTV900? #4  
My Curtis on the RTV1100 is a bit of an argument to install but not too bad...Concrete surfaces for both sides helps quite a bit..Centering is the hardest part as I've found..1" one way or the other screws everything up.

/ Tips/help for mounting Curtis 4208 snow plow on Kubota RTV900? #5  
I have an 06 RTV900 w/the 4208 Power angle plow. After much trial & error, the easiest method I have found (which was by accident) is as follows. I store the plow on 3 wheel dolly's purchased from Northern Tools. One under each end of the plow blade and one under the 'foot' that is supposed to be deployed (leave in stowed position) for storage. Park the RTV close to the plow, roll the plow into position. Slide the plow 'tongue' plate into the RTV mounting plate - adjust the locking arms so they slide into the key hole slots. Then raise the lifting mechanism which will pivot the plow into place. Lock the arms, attach the electrics & hydraulics, raise the plow and remove the dollies. It will take some practice but once you get the hang of it, I can have my plow in place & hooked up in <90secs.

And as the originators of this forum are very quick to suggest the use of Fluid Film, use it on all the pivot and sliding points on your plow. It will reduce the risk of corrosion and help everything slide nicely into place. I use POR-15, POR Top Coat and Fluid Film.

Good luck.