Winch for Kubota RTV 500

/ Winch for Kubota RTV 500 #1  

SaintBully

Tractor
Kubota RTV500
Question: Will a Viper 4000 lb. winch fit my RTV500 and if so, will the universal mounting plate that comes with the Viper fit or will I need to find another plate? The mounting plate that comes with the Viper is a 4 bolt 3 x 4.88. Thanks.

/ Winch for Kubota RTV 500 #2  
See my post for front bumper bolts.

jw5875

/ Winch for Kubota RTV 500
See my post for front bumper bolts.

jw5875

Thanks. I checked it out but don't see how that tells me if the universal plate that comes with Viper winches will fit the 500 or not.

/ Winch for Kubota RTV 500 #4  
Weld or bolt the plate on to a piece of 2" square tube, insert tube into the front receiver.

JW5875

/ Winch for Kubota RTV 500 #5  
I wouldn't want my winch in the front receiver tube hole, I use that for other things...

SR

/ Winch for Kubota RTV 500 #6  
I mounted a Superwinch Terra 4500lb winch on my 500. I used the KFI mount plate and it all fit nicely, just barely.

/ Winch for Kubota RTV 500 #7  
No, the universal winch plate will not work. I installed the Viper Elite 4000 using the KFI mount plate for the RTV 500. You have to get the elite, the max is too wide on one side. I opted to install rocker switches I found online in the in place of the handle bar.

/ Winch for Kubota RTV 500 #8  
Trying to figure out how to upload files.....

No, the universal winch plate will not work. I installed the Viper Elite 4000 using the KFI mount plate for the RTV 500. You have to get the elite, the max is too wide on one side. I opted to install rocker switches I found online in the in place of the handle bar.

Thank you. That was what I was afraid of. I got the Viper Elite 4000 also. Promark makes one they say fits my 2014 RTV500, but since you say KFI worked for you I'll check it out. If I had known this was going to be this much hassle I would have let the dealer install their Warn. How do you like your Viper?

I say 2014. **** it may be a 2015. Got it for a birthday present a couple weeks ago and since I drive a truck and have been on the road I haven't had but two days to look it over and play with it. I ordered the Viper online and my wife said it arrived this past weekend.