polaris ACE

/ polaris ACE #1  

plumbstraight

Silver Member
Tractor
5300 John deere,53 harry ferguson, ck20 kioti, 135 ferguson, 350jd dozer, k40 kubota excavator
Just picked up one of these with the 45hp engine. Thank goodness it comes with a rollcage. Had the wheels turned just a bit and hit the gas and I was on my side before I knew I was rolled. I was on grass and it just completely hooked up.
If you get one of these, be gentle with it. It has more power than it needs by far.

/ polaris ACE #2  
I doubt I will ever buy one, but they sure look like fun!

Will

/ polaris ACE #3  
They look like they would be a blast. I ended up getting a Pioneer 500 because my wife enjoys going, otherwise I would have bought an Ace. It looks like the aftermarket is starting to get some nice accessory items out for it. Enjoy and try to keep the rubber side down!

/ polaris ACE #4  
They do look like they would be a lot of fun Enjoy.

/ polaris ACE
they are fun for sure. I have ran just about everything with steering wheels or levers in my life. I tell you, this thing is fast off the line. The only thing I don't care for is the belt drive. with an automatic or clutch you can feather it for a few inches or an easy take off. This thing takes a bit of throttle before the clutch grabs and off you go. In low range you don't notice it so much, just seems to jump a little bit, hit it in high range and it leaps.

/ polaris ACE #6  
I just bought one yesterday and should have it early this week. I got it for my wife so she can drive around out back and bring me food and drink while I'm working back there. :laughing: No doubt I will use it as a runabout to scout new trails and check status of existing ones. I got a leftover 2014 model for $6K plus MA. sales tax: less than many quads out there. The 2014 had the smaller 32 hp engine which for her purposes and the tightness of the trails should be fine. I think it should be a blast.

Dan

/ polaris ACE #7  
Congrats- 32hp in something that size should be fun! Heck, not too many years ago I was teaching ATV safety and people were showing up with Polaris 500's, 500HO's and every one thought they were a monster. Funny how things change, now if it does have 100hp and fire shooting out the pipes a lot of people don't feel it is worth riding on the trails.....
6K sounds like a really good deal - heck seen them used for more

/ polaris ACE #8  
So we got it today. I only had time for a quick ride. First impressions; plenty of power. I could see how it would be easy to get in over your head. My main trail is plenty wide and rather leisurely... for the Bush Hog Trailhand in the background. For the Ace, with only moderate effort, it got tight pretty fast. After all, the mosquitoes were chasing me so I had to keep moving. I found myself wishing for a quicker steering ratio. In the end, since my wife will drive it as well, it is probably about right. I was in 2WD so I could feel the *** end starting to kick out. In 4WD I can see dumping it easily if you are not careful. That's it so far.

Attachments

• IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    1,015.7 KB · Views: 232
   / polaris ACE #9  
That's nice! I've been enjoying my Ranger 570 for many months now. The only drawback of it is it just doesn't have the weight to use the power it has (40hp) to pull. I'd gladly sacrifice some speed for more weight to be able to pull better. Might have to just buy a Gator in a few years to solve that problem. It does everything else I want it to do though! I've ridden in cars that didn't ride as smooth as this thing does while flying over bumpy farm roads! I always thought the whole Polaris rides better than anyone else thing was more hype than anything else. Nope, it's 100% true! If this mid size 570 rides like this, imagine what the fancier XP's ride like with the better suspension. Enjoy that Ace! They're flying off the lots around here.

/ polaris ACE #10  
What type of transmission does the ACE have?