Kubota RTV500 Noise while in 4wd

/ Kubota RTV500 Noise while in 4wd #1  

kubotacres

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560 HST
So I've had my RTV a little over a month now and I've used 4wd quite a bit with the rain here in the South. I've noticed more noise from the front end while in 4wd compared to 2wd. The noise doesn't sound bad but I'm curious if this is common with the RTV 500's? If not I'll bring to the dealer, but I want to get more information before making the drive. I haven't had the time to jack it up and see exactly where the noise is coming from (Diff,Driveshaft, ect) but it only does it while in 4wd. Any info?

/ Kubota RTV500 Noise while in 4wd #2  
What kind of noise?..There is a light hum if I remember correctly from my 08 RTV500...Nothing too obnoxious.

/ Kubota RTV500 Noise while in 4wd #3  
I have the same rtv you have,its 7 years old at 320 hrs, and it always made a whirling noise in 4 wd but has never gotten any worse, i plow snow in the winter in 4 wd, summer not so much 4wd usage. I would check the oil level dealers sometimes miss it, its a little hard to get to.

/ Kubota RTV500 Noise while in 4wd
I have the same rtv you have,its 7 years old at 320 hrs, and it always made a whirling noise in 4 wd but has never gotten any worse, i plow snow in the winter in 4 wd, summer not so much 4wd usage. I would check the oil level dealers sometimes miss it, its a little hard to get to.

I'll check the level tomorrow. You best described it as a whirling noise. Its nothing metal. I was just curious if mine was the only one that made the noise.

/ Kubota RTV500 Noise while in 4wd #5  
The front end on my 500 makes some noise as well. I even posted about it a while back if I remember correctly. Its hard to describe the noise, its like there is a resistance sound or rubbing to that nature.

The front end on my 500 makes some noise as well. I even posted about it a while back if I remember correctly. Its hard to describe the noise, its like there is a resistance sound or rubbing to that nature.
That's the same noise I'm hearing. I'll know more about in the next couple days.

Any news?

I checked the oil in the front diff and it full and a nice honey color. The sound isn't mechanical sounding but more of a rubbing or whirling like already mentioned. I don't think it's nothing to worry about but just a "quirk" of this model.

Just an update... Had the dealer check out the noise. They said they could hear and feel the vibration, however everything was in good shape. They checked the front diff,drive shaft,ect and nothing was worn or in bad shape. I guess it's just a Kubota thing.