Oil for 2015 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT LE

/ Oil for 2015 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT LE #1  

TableRocked

Silver Member
Tractor
Husqvarna 26HP Kawasaki Powered, 2015 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT LE
2015 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT LE Owners

Curious what folks were running for the Engine, Gear Case Oil and Transmission Case Oil?

Manual says API GL-5 Hypoid SAE 90 above 41 degrees F and API GL-5 Hypoid SAE 80 below 41 degrees F. It doesn't mention if it requires an "LS" or limited slip gear oil or not.

and SAE 10W-40 API SG, SG, SJ, SL or SM with JASO MA, MA1, or MA2

Kawasaki has a 10W40 full synthetic JASO MA2 (Part # K61021-207A), but I'm not seeing a full synthetic GL-5 gear oil.

Amsoil has both a full 10W40 full synthetic (Product Code: AUV40QT-EA) as well as a full synthetic GL-5 gear oil (Product Code: AUDTQT-EA). I'm not sure why the API and JASO ratings are listed on the Amsoil page per product, thought they used to be?

Mobil 1 has a racing 4T 10W40 full synthetic with an API of SM and a JASO of MA and their 75W-90 full synthetic gear oil.

Lastly, hearing very good things from users of Motul which have an API SN and JASO MA2 10W40 full synthetic as well as their Gear 300 75W90 GL-4 and GL-5 rated fully synthetic gear oil for the front gear case and transmission case.

/ Oil for 2015 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT LE
Unfortunately my Kawasaki shop manual is on backorder and the shop guy at my Kawasaki dealer hasn't gotten back with me if an LS gear oil is required or not.

Anyone have a shop manual for the 2015 Mule Pro FXT they could check to see if a limited slip (LS) is to be used for both the diff and the trans, just the diff, neither..... Motul appears to have me covered either way, I just need to order the right stuff.