My Atv

/ My Atv #1  

Bowhunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I've had my Honda Rubicon since March 2001. It only has 860 miles on it, but 260 hours. That's a lot of hours for the miles, but that's because I use it a lot for working in the yard pulling a trailer, running my seeder and sprayer, etc. I have a pic of the sprayer setup but unfortunately it's not loaded into the computer.

Clearing brush

Getting ready to seed yard

Seeder

Ready to ride

/ My Atv #2  
Nice looking rig. I had a 2000 Polaris Sporstman 500, but if I bought another ATV it would be a Honda.

/ My Atv #3  
BOWHUNTER
I have 1988 Honda 300fw four wheel drive and a new recon 250 for my kid . I will own nothing but a Honda my 300 has had one battery and one set of tires on it still has original spark plug in it. and brake shoes.[ HONDA IS THE ONLY ATV OUT THERE ]
Don Wynn

/ My Atv #4  
I had a Honda 300FW that I just sold for $1000. I used the thing all the time from dragging harrows to trail riding to deer hunting. I had plastic ties holding the plastic together because it was pretty wooped. One thing I can say is all I had to do was touch the key and it would grab 1 tooth of the starter and it was running. No grease fitting to worry about or anything. I bought a 450ES and it isn't as much fun to kick around on but it was time to upgrade. I love my Honda's also.......

Attachments

• 393147-Sept9-2002 quad 017.jpg
    393147-Sept9-2002 quad 017.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 212
   / My Atv #5  
I just found a pic of my ole Honda 300 FW. It may not look pretty but it was dependable..........

Attachments

• 393156-300fw.jpg
    393156-300fw.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 250
   / My Atv #6  
"My 1988 Honda 300 has had one battery and one set of tires on it..." Do you mean you still have the ORIGINAL battery?
Yeah right, my 2000 Foreman S is now on it's third battery, ditto my wife's 1999 model. Honda is great, I have no problems with ours other than battery replacement, I wish I could find something better to install than the $60 models that go bad after a year. The OEM Yuasa maintenance free types didn't last any longer than the Champions I buy at TSC and Sams Club.

/ My Atv
It sounds like there's a problem with your atv....the battery should last longer than that. Do you store your atv inside or outside? Do you run it often or just once in a great while? Battery life will depend greatly on these two circumstances. If you store it inside and run it often to keep the battery charged, you may need to check the electricals to see if there's a drain somewhere. One way to ensure long battery life is to install a Battery Tender trickle charger. I have not installed one on my atv yet but intend to. When I traded my '95 Honda 300 in on my Rubicon in 2001, the 300 still had the original battery and it had plenty of power.

/ My Atv #8  
JDGREEN227
I have replaced the original battery back in may of 1997 i replaced it with a battery from SAMS. I keep a small battery tender on it in the winter months.

Don Wynn

/ My Atv #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( "My 1988 Honda 300 has had one battery and one set of tires on it..." Do you mean you still have the ORIGINAL battery?
Yeah right, my 2000 Foreman S is now on it's third battery, ditto my wife's 1999 model. Honda is great, I have no problems with ours other than battery replacement, I wish I could find something better to install than the $60 models that go bad after a year. The OEM Yuasa maintenance free types didn't last any longer than the Champions I buy at TSC and Sams Club. )</font>

I have a friend that I ride with. He has a Honda something 300 that he just keeps at his cabin but he has not changed the battery yet. I think it is a 1994 vintage. Seems pretty good to me anyway even though I am not a Honda Fan.

murph

/ My Atv #10  
Our ATV's are stored indoors and I start them up and run them every two weeks. One time I left the key switch on and it deep discharged the battery on mine, once that happens they won't take a charge again. My wife's brother is an electrician by trade and he says once these batteries get a deep discharge the plates short out. But that doesn't explain why the rest have needed replacement. I spent $70 for a huge Delco on our Olds 98 seven years ago, it still works great but a little Yuasa goes bad after a year and costs $60 to replace. Thanks to all for your feedback.