New Honda Pioneer 1000 ticks all the boxes

/ New Honda Pioneer 1000 ticks all the boxes #1  

Piston

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610 Hitachi UH083LC
Anyone else drooling over the new Pioneer 1000 that Honda has announced?

I was real close to buying the Pioneer 700 when it came out but it was missing a few things for my taste. I wanted a bit more power, hi/low range, power steering, and keep the ability to seat 4 but in the wheelbase of a single "cab" UTV.

Nothing else had this at the time. The new 1000, which seats up to 5, ticks all the boxes for me.

Oh man, if it weren't 17k I may just bite the bullet. These things are getting pretty steep with they're pricing!

Add a cab and it's well over 20 grand. Doesn't stop me from wanting one!

/ New Honda Pioneer 1000 ticks all the boxes #2  
I put a deposit on one back in August and got a call from my dealer the other day saying it should be here within a week. I'm first on the pre order list and may pass the first one over as I don't really like the red color. The dealer said the grey and camo colors should be available by mid November, so I'll probably just hold off.

I almost bought a Kubota RTVX 1120 as I want the UTV as a work vehicle and not just a play toy. I'm definitely not a speed demon, but the Kubota was underwhelming in the performance department. I test drove it on a long straight stretch of flat ground and could barely break 20 mph, and yes, I know how to drive a hydrostatic transmission.

Having owned several, I'm not a fan of CVT transmissions and like the fact that the Honda has an automotive style gear transmission. I currently own a 2003 Honda Rincon 650 that I've had since new. It gets used and abused almost daily hauling wood, trash, rocks, dirt etc. in a tow behind dump trailer. It"s never failed to do whatever has been asked of it which is usually far beyond rated capability.

/ New Honda Pioneer 1000 ticks all the boxes #3  
That's a heck of a price tag, but after having my Mule for three years now, I've come to realize it's the one thing that I wouldn't want to live without.

/ New Honda Pioneer 1000 ticks all the boxes
Congrats black dog! That's going to be a great machine. I also test drive the rtv1100 because I really wanted a factory heated cab, and thought maybe I could squeeze the four of us in the front seat. My wife and son and myself tested it out with a plow on the front of it. I hated it. I wanted to love it but there was nothing I liked about it. All personal preference though because I know they are great machines.

I ultimately kind of settled on the pioneer 700, because it was the ONLY UTV out there that could hold 4 people and still kept the shorter wheelbase of the 2 seaters.

I didn't like the 3 speed with no low range, no power steering, and not a lot of power.

I will do look at the pioneer 1000 when it hits dealers but most likely will keep it as a dream toy for a while.

I currently use a 2 seater golf cart and do a fair amount of "trail riding" with it with my wife and two sons. I also use it as a tool carrier when I need something up the road at the garage. I use it almost daily when I'm not at work.

I do know if get a lot of use out of a real side by side, especially in winter!

I read that the 1000 has 78hp, but I didn't see the dimensions or weight listed. Does anyone know where to find this info?

/ New Honda Pioneer 1000 ticks all the boxes #5  
A 20 mph top speed seems painfully slow on paved roads, but is plenty fast for off road use. Some ATV's can run 60 mph or faster. Good luck finding a off road trail to run that fast.

/ New Honda Pioneer 1000 ticks all the boxes #6  
"I read that the 1000 has 78hp, but I didn't see the dimensions or weight listed. Does anyone know where to find this info?"

https://powersports.honda.com/pioneer/1000/specifications.aspx

And to 4570Man, I agree that most times 20 mph is plenty fast enough. It would be nice to be able to occasionally outrun the wild dog or two that I come across though. It isn't just that the kubota would only do 20 mph, but it took quite some distance to get up to that speed. The Kubota is an absolute workhorse and I love the diesel engine, it just isn't versatile enough for an occasional play machine with the kids and grandkids.

The Honda seats 5 without being the length of a crew cab pickup, has a hydrauic assist dump bed (like the Kubota) hauls 1000 lbs in the bed and tows 2000, has hi and lo range as well as front and rear diff locks, and best of all has a 6 speed automotive type gear driven automatic transmission with the ability to shift manually with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters. No belts to slip or wear out as on CVT machines.

I have to blame this purchase on another TBN member. I didn't know this machine was even in the works until this nameless member posted about it. This site sure is good at getting me to spend my money.

/ New Honda Pioneer 1000 ticks all the boxes #7  
20 mph isn't going to out run a dog. My dog can outrun my mule over a 200 yard distance with the mule having a 1/2 way head start. My dog can probably run 45 mph.

/ New Honda Pioneer 1000 ticks all the boxes #8  
20 mph isn't going to out run a dog. My dog can outrun my mule over a 200 yard distance with the mule having a 1/2 way head start. My dog can probably run 45 mph.

My point exactly. The Honda will do 65 if the need arises.

/ New Honda Pioneer 1000 ticks all the boxes #9  
My point exactly. The Honda will do 65 if the need arises.
Unless the race is on road my dog will still win the race. Around here you get get beat to crap running 15 mph. Going 50 mph would get air under the tires if not flipping it.

/ New Honda Pioneer 1000 ticks all the boxes #10  
They look like a GREAT new UTV. I have a Pioneer 500 and it is a great little machine. No where near the performance of the 1000 but still really well built and fun!
Remember we need photos when you get it!!!