JD Gator power lift question?

/ JD Gator power lift question? #1  

HammerFour

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100, JD Gator 6X4, Kubota L2350, JD 14T Baler, JD 894A Side Delivery Rake, IH 100 Balance Sickle Mower
I am thinking of adding a power lift actuator to my Gator, but I had a question.

Could someone who has the power lift bed measure their power lift cylinder and tell me how far it extends and how long the base part of it is?

Needless to say, I want to add this without buying Deere's kit, which seems kind of pricey to me.

I have worked on power hatch lifts on boats before, and these power dump cylinders are the same thing from what I can tell. If I can find determine the right extension length to get, the actuators and switches and relays are easy to find.

Thanks!

/ JD Gator power lift question? #2  
Unless I remove it (electric lift cylinder), I can't get a measurement in its "closed" or shortened position. You can measure your box in the raised position and maybe get a "closed" or "box down" measurement by reaching in underneath. If that doesn't work for you, send me a message and when I have it out of storage (not in the next couple weeks), I will disconnect it and measure it "closed" for you.

I thought of doing what you are talking about, but the wiring harness was all set and already installed, so I bit the bullet and went the convenient but a bit more expensive route. Easier to just plug in the connectors under the dash and in the engine compartment, than to dream up all that was needed.

/ JD Gator power lift question? #3  
I'm curious...
How much is the Gator kit and how much will it lift?

/ JD Gator power lift question? #4  
When I got mine it was $450 and it lifts 800 lbs.

/ JD Gator power lift question? #5  
Thanks Richard,
I don't think I'd try to fabricate one for that price. That sounds really reasonable to me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ JD Gator power lift question? #6  
I don't think I'd try to fabricate one for that price

I wouldn't either considering it only takes about an hour to put it on.

/ JD Gator power lift question?
The price the Deere web site has for this option is now:

Power Lift Kit (Cargo Box) 9010 BM20701 $586.00

I am not sure if my Gator has the wiring and everything included, I will have to look a bit closer at it tonight if I get a chance.

Can anyone let me know how tall the base unit is and how much the actuator extends?

I would appreciate it.

/ JD Gator power lift question? #8  
The price the Deere web site has for this option is now:

Power Lift Kit (Cargo Box) 9010 BM20701 $586.00

I am not sure if my Gator has the wiring and everything included, I will have to look a bit closer at it tonight if I get a chance.

Can anyone let me know how tall the base unit is and how much the actuator extends?

I would appreciate it.

Just thought I would OPEN this again, did anyone EVER measure the STROKE on the BM20701 cargo lift in the closed/open position? I am also looking to purchase a linear actuator but need these measurements to accurately purchase the correct item. I can tell you NOW the kit cost is 770! This is bordering absolute insanity for this dumb *** unit. PLEASE if anyone has the information, would you kindly put it on this FORUM.

Thanks and sorry to drag up an OLD post but really need this info!

CC

/ JD Gator power lift question? #9  
I would like the info too. $800.0 is way too much to spend

/ JD Gator power lift question? #10  
I measured mine and it was 16" open and close to 8" closed. Hard to measure without lifting the bed off the power lift.