Kawasaki Mule Fuel Tank Leak

/ Kawasaki Mule Fuel Tank Leak #1  

weldingisfun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4500 4WD w/FEL, and Scotts S2048 lawn tractor
Just thought I would throw this out for all the "TBN Wizards of Smart", especially those with Mules. My 2007, 3010 Trans 4X4 has a fuel tank leak problem that, I hope, some one can help me solve. I don't mind the gas fumes smell, but they offend my Bride's sensitive nose. The leak occurs at the point where the fuel line comes out of the fuel tank. There is no problem with where the fuel gauge is positioned. All I can find out indicates that the fuel fitting is just pressed into the top of the tank. Take a look at the drawing from page 64 of the Service Manual. The photo shows where the leak occurs. It is between the bottom of the rubber flange and the top of the fuel tank. If you have encountered a similar problem and have fixed it, please share your wisdom.

Mule Fuel Line Detail.jpg
Fuel Tank Detail.jpg

/ Kawasaki Mule Fuel Tank Leak #2  
I never thought about it, but mine probably leaks too. If I fill the tank full, I always smell Diesel for some time afterward. Gasoline tends to expand more then Diesel as well.

/ Kawasaki Mule Fuel Tank Leak #3  
Appears to be "popped" into the tank. Couldn't it be popped out, smear some good fuel resistant sealer around it, pop it back in??